Karma = Ammo?

Karma = Ammo?

This is a discussion on Karma = Ammo? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm not sure I believe in karma but maybe there's something to it! My planned camping trip got rained out so I decided to take ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Karma = Ammo?

Karma = Ammo?

I'm not sure I believe in karma but maybe there's something to it! My planned camping trip got rained out so I decided to take in a couple movies instead. After the late one I decided to stop at Wally World on the way home to pick up a few things. When I pulled in I saw this guy standing in the pouring rain trying to push his stalled-out Jeep up onto a 2 wheel trailer by himself. I asked him if he could use a hand and he said he sure wouldn't turn it down. So I pushed while he steered, then helped him get a come-along around the front axel to winch it up onto the trailer. Definitely a two person job! At any rate we got his Jeep loaded and I wished him good luck, and headed into the store.

Well, as I sloshed along the store I figured I'd check the ammo, and WOW! The Mother Lode! They had at least 20 of the 100/count Federal Champion 9mm, several types and brands of 9mm in 50 round boxes, a ton of .40, a good stock of .45 ACP, and they even had .300 AAC Blackout in stock! I've never actually seen that in the flesh in a physical store. Almost better still they had 25 boxes of CCI Mini-Mags, the 100 round long boxes. The case was pretty darned full, and they had calibers I don't usually see. Again, .300 Blackout ammo at WM?

I snagged 100 rounds of 9mm (because as luck would have it I bought a couple boxes earlier today at Scheel's) and 2 x 100 round boxes of .22 ammo.

The day didn't turn out to be a total waste at all!
    Badey, Bad Bob, buckfynn and 7 others like this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Could be karma, could be be luck... who knows but sounds like the walmart by my house. the ammo case has been in good order almost all the time as of late. (about 2 months now) plenty of all the popular handgun calibers. And if they don't have it cabelas dose.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

That could explain why I haven't seen any ammo on the shelves lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    It's good to hear ammo is starting to arrive on the shelves again. I haven't really had any problem finding some for my 40.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

Bad news, it was not HIS jeep!

Seriously though that is awesome all around!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

Good on yah for helping that guy out. Last night, around 8 PM, I hit the local walmart.

They had a BUNCH of 9mm, and 5.56. More than I have ever seen since sandy hook.

They had 100 round boxes of win white box 9mm, federal 9mm, 1,000 round boxes of 5.56, and one metal OD green box of 5.56 ammo. I have never seen one of those before.

It was a small ammo box compared to a 50 cal ammo can. Im guessing maybe a 500 round box, but couldnt read it on the shelf.

Oh, I bought none of it. Im stocked up, and didnt have an extra $500 for a case of 5.56.

R.O.K = Random acts of kindness. Pass it on .

Good of you and good for you!
    Aceoky likes this.

The Mini-Mags were probably the best find. I'm set reasonably well for .22 ammo but that's one thing I always buy on sight when I find it.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Karma or not, sometimes good things happen to good people. Nothing I hate worse than car trouble, mine or anyone else's. A helping hand is always appreciated.
    gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    i think for a while there retailers were just ordering ANY ammo they can get for the manufacturers. that may be why you're seeing obscure ammo at wally world.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Guys & Gals....looks like congress is not passing a budget deal. Gold now up, stocks down. Word is banks are keeping extra cash on hand, and people are getting extra cash out now.

I have feeling that guns & ammo are about to vanish again.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I sure hope not
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    Guys & Gals....looks like congress is not passing a budget deal. Gold now up, stocks down. Word is banks are keeping extra cash on hand, and people are getting extra cash out now.

I have feeling that guns & ammo are about to vanish again.
    Yep! I don't like what I see right now. While the supply of ammo seems to coming back to the shelves, reloading supplies, mainly powder, are hard to come by.

Good job Phaedrus! Just goes to show you that nice guys don't always finish last.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links