What happened to Winchester's Ranger T ammo?

This is a discussion on What happened to Winchester's Ranger T ammo? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have a source for Winchester Ranger T in 9mm? Prefer 124g +P or 147G. I have not seen it on the market since ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: What happened to Winchester's Ranger T ammo?

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar

Does anyone have a source for Winchester Ranger T in 9mm? Prefer 124g +P or 147G. I have not seen it on the market since the President started talking gun control after Sandy Hook.

I got some at Gander Mountain, but that was about the same time you mention. Haven't looked since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

It's a myth, as is 147gr HST or any short barrel Gold Dot. :(
    Daishin likes this.

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    147gr HST are not a myth. I got 2 boxes a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl76 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. You're more likely to find Bigfoot in a gun shop then 135gr +p 38's. There are some online but I think they have diamond chips in the jacket or something.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    It must be a myth in someone's mind. One of my neighbors had some on a cabinet in his living room,this past xmas.I remember seeing it and asking him about them.They may have been older than dirt lol.I haven't seen any since that i remember.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    Does anyone have a source for Winchester Ranger T in 9mm? Prefer 124g +P or 147G. I have not seen it on the market since the President started talking gun control after Sandy Hook.
    I haven't seen any in stock lately, but pretty much every type of premium SD ammo is OOS these days.
    MidwayUSA does happen to have 124 +P Speer Gold Dots in stock ATM though. I think it's about $22 for a box of 20 rounds.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

I just got a case of Speer LE 124 gr +P GDHP in 9mm "For Short Barrels" a couple months ago. They have a very nice wallop to them.

The Win Ranger T-Series for 9mm + .40S&W are around, I recently got 500 rounds of .40S&W 165 gr from Winchester Ranger Ammo : Ammo To Go
    I don't remember the Rangers making a +P though, they come pretty ot in their LE marked box.

The Ranger 9mm 147 gr can be found here: Defensive 9mm Ranger Ammo For Sale - 147 gr JHP - Winchester Ranger T-Series Ammunition In Stock
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

The Ranger is hot in 9mm 127 is +p+ Functioned well in my g19. I sold it off and went to the slimmer XDs 9mm; however in that I won't use the rangers. I like the Gold Dot 124 load. Less recoil and functions well

Go Seahawks!

JD
    Administrator
    I just bought two boxes of the 124+P a couple of days ago at Ammunitiontogo.com. Don't ask what I paid...

Sent via Tapatalk 2, and still using real words.

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Forget about asking about hybrid ammo.

It's been hard enough to just find the Plain-Jane stuff since the first week of Jan! WOW I can't believe it's Oct .... almost Nov already EH!

Though it is all starting to resurface again....it only took almost 11-months this time.
    tdave likes this.

SGAmmo usually has it. I see they're out right now but they get new stock pretty regularly. I bought four boxes of 147gr Federal HST there and two boxes of 230gr HST in .45 ACP recently. Right now I see they have some 124gr HST for the 9mm as well.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Gander Mountain has GD Short Barrel. Plenty of it but it's expensive.

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarshe View Post
    Gander Mountain has GD Short Barrel. Plenty of it but it's expensive.
    Yes the one by me has plenty of everything but I guess they haven't heard it's time to roll back prices to the pre-hype era of Jan 2013.

LGShows are starting to reel in pricing, seems like the way to go if you don't want to order online of get fleeced.

They're so rare that I'm tempted to take my 147gr rangers out of my carry guns and put them in a display case.
    Taurahe likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links