My ammo purchase

This is a discussion on My ammo purchase within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Despite ammo shortages and many calibers still being hard to find around Bama I lucked up and got a pretty good deal on some ammo ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: My ammo purchase

My ammo purchase

Despite ammo shortages and many calibers still being hard to find around Bama I lucked up and got a pretty good deal on some ammo here locally and just thought id show it off a little..
    200 rds PMC bronze 233
    380 rds Wolf .223
    200 rds Remington Thunderbolt .22
    325 rds Federal Auto match .22
    50 rds Federal Law enforcement holow poits 9mm

I got it all for $150. I bet yall arent as excited as me but i felt like i made a good buy. Maybe this means some peolpe will start selling off there stockpile to create good deals for everyone.

IMG_2404.jpgIMG_2479.jpg
    StormRhydr and TDH1961 like this.

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like a deal.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Things are starting to break free it seems. But the market has ups and downs depending on school shootings and the like. Get it while you can.
    Sidewinder10 likes this.

VIP Member
    Good for you. I'm still wondering what to do when I run out of the good supply of 9mm that I have. Having to pay almost triple price hurts my soul. (Of course I will do that if I have to.............but I don't have to like it.....)

All other calibers hubby reloads. He used to reload my 9's also but my Glocks do NOT like high primers at all and I had to put every single round on a mirror (guaranteed flat surface), and he got back 1/3 of them to take apart and redo. That was when we agreed to purchase my ammo.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Yea i didnt necessarily "need" the ammo but hey why pass it up. Im not a fan of the steel cased Wolf for sure and i know the federal hst is outdated technology but for that price ill be glad to sit it on my shelf.

Good for you i have not been having any luck gonna try tomorrow and this weekend

All I can find lately is cci 22lr in the 50 packs at Wally World. Every day twice a day now for a week, 3 please thank you. I only got one 22 and I'm not that crazy about it!!!!

VIP Member
    Bass Pro locally had the best selection I have seen since before the madness the other day. Only caliber they didn't have was 9mm, but they even had things like .44 magnum, 45LC, 10mm, .41 magnum and bricks of Winchester 22LR of which I relieved them of one.

Only stuff I have been able to find in .22lr at a decent price is that thunderbolt. That is a good price for all of that ammo.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder10 View Post
    Yea i didnt necessarily "need" the ammo but hey why pass it up. Im not a fan of the steel cased Wolf for sure and i know the federal hst is outdated technology but for that price ill be glad to sit it on my shelf.
    "Outdated technology"??? Please let us know what's on the market that you think is better than an HST!
    CDW4ME likes this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Well looks like i found one fan of the Federal HST, my bad i got that confused with the older hydra shocks so i was preparing for some flaming with people saying that it was older technology and there are better self defense rounds available now. I now know there is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder10 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    "Outdated technology"??? Please let us know what's on the market that you think is better than an HST!

Heck, I am happy to carry regular "old" Hydra-Shok 180 gr. in a 40 or 230 grain in a 45; if it worked 20 years ago, it still will.
    Sidewinder10 likes this.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    Heck, I am happy to carry regular "old" Hydra-Shok 180 gr. in a 40 or 230 grain in a 45; if it worked 20 years ago, it still will.
    Yep - just read that in the latest NRA magazine too.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Not bad! I would take that!

Semper Paratus et Armare
    Student of the Gun; a beginner once, a student for life.

Great find, better keep looking you will shoot that soon if you are like everyone else.
    Sidewinder10 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links