Ammunition Prices

This is a discussion on Ammunition Prices within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Please move if in the wrong section. I have been occasionally tracking ammunition prices on Gunbot for the past 6 months or so. I've noticed ...

Thread: Ammunition Prices

Ammunition Prices

Please move if in the wrong section.
    I have been occasionally tracking ammunition prices on Gunbot for the past 6 months or so.
    I've noticed in the past few days prices seem to be spiking once again.
    Especially in the 22 LR.
    Is something up that I have missed?
    Seemed for a while it was getting back to reasonable but now going the other way.

2. Remove Ads

I have been getting good deals on .22 for instance 17.00 for 325 rounds of federal maybe a little pricey at Cabela's on closeout a few days ago, but I have seen people like bulk ammo trying to sell the same box for 64.00 and I wont touch it. I'm pretty set on .22 right now however when it is in my price parameter I will jump on it. Sometimes there are days where there seems not to be a deal but they do come especially at Cabela's lately. I guess I am fortunate also in the fact my local LGS has a ton of ammo in stock. As to what I have seen Cabela's has the best shipping prices I have seen as of late. Midway has Remington Thunderbolt which can be back-ordered for 500 for 20.00 I believe maybe also a little pricey however I have to take what I can get right now at a price I think is reasonable considering how much I shoot etc. Bottom line is when I shoot which is usually a hundred rounds I will replace it long before I ever shoot it. I dont care to be short since the Zombie Apocalypse is right around the corner.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

I've noticed just the opposite; a slow, steady downward trend. But then, lately I've only been keying on .223/5.56 NATO, .380 and 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheef View Post
    I have been occasionally tracking ammunition prices on Gunbot for the past 6 months or so. I've noticed in the past few days prices seem to be spiking once again. Seemed for a while it was getting back to reasonable but now going the other way.
    Like outdoor temperatures, it'll have a trend but fluctuate in the smaller time scales. Unsurprising.

Haven't heard of anything in particular that would alter the trends. Beyond the normal stuff that the market would already have taken into account ... such as the California lead ban push, the U.N. treaty crap, the draw-down in war-zone operations. Haven't heard of a key ammo plant going up in smoke, or any such.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Sponsor
    The .22LR is being used a LOT for training lately, that and people like to plink a lot...and hunt with it. Supply and demand is my guess. That and it's cheaper to hoard.
    "...with liberty and justice for all..."
    (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states). - D. Stanhope

D.R. Middlebrooks - Pro Shooting Coach & Custom Gunsmith
    Tactical Shooting Academy & Custom Shop
    www.TacticalShooting.com

Ammo is still,,,, HIGH,,, along with magazines.

Links