Craploads of ammo at Wal-Mart!

This is a discussion on Craploads of ammo at Wal-Mart! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Man, tonite I had to pick up a few things there and I always check the ammo. Well, I don't recall ever seeing the case ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Craploads of ammo at Wal-Mart!

Craploads of ammo at Wal-Mart!

Man, tonite I had to pick up a few things there and I always check the ammo. Well, I don't recall ever seeing the case so packed! They must have had at least 40 boxes of the 100/ct CCI Mini-Mags...yeah, a ton of .22LR. Also maybe 20 of the 100 rnd packs of 9mm Federal Champion for $25 and 30 of the 100/rnd WWB for $27. One minor bummer...I asked if the limit was 3 boxes per caliber or 3 boxes total. He said 3 per caliber, but before I could snag 3 of the 9mm and 2 of the .22lr he checked and said, "Sorry it's just 3 boxes total". Hard choice but I took just the 3 boxes of 9mm. True, the Mini-Mags are rare as hen's teeth but I'm set okay for .22lr, and when Scheel's does get it in the prices are about same as WM. But their price on WWB is $35, quite a bit more.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Nice. I used to check the ammo case everytime, got tired of seeing it empty - now I never go to wally world anymore, and that alone makes me happy.

Hopefully its getting back to how it used to be, go into a store, go to ammo section and buy what you need/want.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    I was just at our local Walmart Saturday. Wasn't much on the shelves at all.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

Had to go to WhiteTrash World the other night with the wife and figured I'd check the ammo.

Only thing there was 30-30, a few boxes of 308, and assorted 12ga and .410... you'd think the shotgun ammo would be bone dry after Biden instructing everyone to buy shotguns and go shooting them willy nilly into the air every time a mouse farts.
    JulesWinnfield and 40Cal365 like this.

I still check the ammo case every time I go in. Once in a while there will be a little something on the shelf. Not much, just a little something. Much like a tease just to keep you coming in.

My WalMarts have an abundance of ammo at ok prices.

Went the other day and saw .38 special not WWB 100 count but the first time I've seen .38 special in a while.

I never used to go to the gun/ammo section (WM is the only place for groceries here) but my husband would. I've been twice now and picked up 380 for my gun and some 38sp for the other gun. I still feel weird as I'm usually the only female in that area and am still paranoid other people in the store "know" I have a gun even tho I don't carry yet. It's rather amusing.

On the outskirts of nashville, local walmart yesterday; Zero .22, lots of 5.56, some .223, some various 9mm, 40 cal, and .45 acp. Lots of shotgun ammo, and hunting rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    Nice. I used to check the ammo case everytime, got tired of seeing it empty - now I never go to wally world anymore, and that alone makes me happy.

Hopefully its getting back to how it used to be, go into a store, go to ammo section and buy what you need/want.

Our local WW have been pretty good for ammo lately, still not much .22lr They have had the 100rd Federal boxes, they were selling for $22.47, but have now went up to $25.96

Quote Originally Posted by rahmann62 View Post
    Our local WW have been pretty good for ammo lately, still not much .22lr They have had the 100rd Federal boxes, they were selling for $22.47, but have now went up to $25.96
    I sure hope you're talking about 500 round bricks; not 100 rd boxes!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#0002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    I sure hope you're talking about 500 round bricks; not 100 rd boxes!
    Sorry, the last post was not clear. The 100rds boxes were 9mm

My local ACE Hardware had tons of all kinds of ammo yesterday.

My local WW has had a good supply flowing in over the past few of weeks. Their shipments and supply has become so consistent lately that even the most in demand calibers are starting to stock up and stay on the shelve. Only one that is still hit-or-miss though is their 22lr.

Best part too is that WW has held firm on their dedication too fair pricing practice.

Distinguished Member
    I don't usually shop at WM. But sometimes they are the only place in our small town to get what you need. I was amazed this week to find the ammo case being restocked. In the middle of the day! Leaping lizards and golly wow! Ammo of every kind on the shelf. 223 5.56 .45 38sp. 9mm- it was a mother lode of ammo. Prices reasonable for the times. Still had the 3 box limit, so I scored some .45 acp and .223. It seems the great ammo shortage may be coming to an end. "Bout time I'd say.
    cltyus1 likes this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links