9mm EFMJ

9mm EFMJ

This is a discussion on 9mm EFMJ within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just wondering about EFMJ's (expanding full metal jacket).....anyone here ever mess with em?...

Thread: 9mm EFMJ

9mm EFMJ

Just wondering about EFMJ's (expanding full metal jacket).....anyone here ever mess with em?

I've never tried them myself. You can find numerous gel tests on youtube of the Federal Guard Dog EFMJ's in various calibers. They're the flavor of the month novelty at the moment from what I've seen.

Unless you live somewhere where hollow points are restricted, I wouldn't bother with them. That's just my opinion though.

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    If you can use something different I would. 105g bullet is very light for caliber. If you really want to go that route I would look for the Federal EFMJ tactical line which has heavier bullets.

The guard dogs are underpowered, but that was the intent of that load. I'm still pretty intrigued about the Federal 124 gr EFMJ, I was hoping someone here has been able to try these out in the field. I like to have an over abundance of different types of ammo at my disposal. Just one more tool in the toolbox...

If I had to travel to a State that recognized my CHL but outlawed HP ammo then I would be carrying Federal Premium Tactical and not "Guard Dog" Here in the Real World I carry either Gold Dot,HST,or Ranger T series
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Hatrix View Post
    I've never tried them myself. You can find numerous gel tests on youtube of the Federal Guard Dog EFMJ's in various calibers. They're the flavor of the month novelty at the moment from what I've seen.

Unless you live somewhere where hollow points are restricted, I wouldn't bother with them. That's just my opinion though.
    Totally agree. There are better traditional HP choices.

Honestly, if I lived somewhere where hollow points are restricted, I'd just trade my 9mm pistols for 45acp and never look back.

Links