Gun Control--The Bullet Way

This is a discussion on Gun Control--The Bullet Way within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hope y'all realize, at least to what I have read, that the last lead smelter is this country has or is closing shortly due to ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By kelcarry
  • 1 Post By Kennydale
  • 1 Post By Cuda66
  • 2 Post By technomonster
  • 4 Post By Cuda66

Thread: Gun Control--The Bullet Way

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar

Gun Control--The Bullet Way

Hope y'all realize, at least to what I have read, that the last lead smelter is this country has or is closing shortly due to EPA regs which would force it to install prohibitive pollution control measures. All lead produced will now come from overseas and primarily, I believe, China. Our dear government, headed by our stupid godking moslem narcassistic communist, will probably tariff the heck out of imports and maybe even clamp down on amount of import. So--no lead, no bullets or at least no inexpensive lead bullets or very expensive alternates, no bullets, no cartridges, no cartridges, no shooting,no shooting, no firearms, no firearms---gun control
    Kennydale likes this.

2. Remove Ads

That makes sense of the AMMO PURCHASES of the DHS. They bought enough ammo to shoot every American 6X. Welcome to the NWO Komrade !
    StormRhydr likes this.
    If you can, always carry, you can't choose the moments, they choose you. - Colion Noir (2013)

Much ado about nothing.

Interesting read

I suggest you read what an actual bullet manufacturer has to say about it.
    40Bob likes this.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Don't give them any ideas.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Got plenty of ingots,molds & lube. I'll be good to go for years ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    40Bob and denclaste like this.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hope y'all realize, at least to what I have read, that the last lead smelter is this country has or is closing shortly due to EPA regs which would force it to install prohibitive pollution control measures. All lead produced will now come from overseas and primarily, I believe, China. Our dear government, headed by our stupid godking moslem narcassistic communist, will probably tariff the heck out of imports and maybe even clamp down on amount of import. So--no lead, no bullets or at least no inexpensive lead bullets or very expensive alternates, no bullets, no cartridges, no cartridges, no shooting,no shooting, no firearms, no firearms---gun control
    Uh ammo from china and guns save shotguns and shell has been banned since the early 90s.

Most ammo now is either tula/wolf etc from Russian or PPU from serbia?

All it would take is a EO alla the china ban to stop all ammo/guns from Russian . It has happen before and can happen again .

The other problem is that while rounds can be made out of non lead they tend to be classed as AP rouds ( bassed on them being one soild type of metal esp steel or the like making them AP)

So yeah this could be trouble esp for ak47 shooter or for c&r folks and about the only source for a lot of c&r gun ammo is PPU..

Hopfully we get more lead smelthing underway here ..

Oh my achin' head...

Honestly, it's fear mongering like this that causes the ammo and component shortages like the one we are finally coming out of--after a year.

A little more thought, and a little less believing everything you read on the internet would do folks good.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Take a couple aspirins and get ready to REALLY think about the big picture, while ammo doesn't use that lead (this IS true) the major players use recycled lead.......... there has been a huge push for "hybrid cars" (and other "green energy") for how long. Guess where the lead comes from for all the batteries? While this change may not affect us "right away" I don't think it is wise to believe it won't have any affect on ammo supply or prices sometime quite soon. A major impact of new lead HAS to eventually affect the recycled lead supply & market there is no way I can see around that- and that is not good for any of us here IMHO .

BTW I have put a great deal of thought in this and do not "believe everything I read on the 'net' " not even close- I do however remember economics 101 and how supply/demand work .

Quote Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
    Oh my achin' head...

Honestly, it's fear mongering like this that causes the ammo and component shortages like the one we are finally coming out of--after a year.

A little more thought, and a little less believing everything you read on the internet would do folks good.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

Links