Another reason I don't carry a Glock.

This is a discussion on Another reason I don't carry a Glock. within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought 1K of 9mm ammo from a dealer in Florida, they handled things FIRST class so I don't want to use their name. Two ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Another reason I don't carry a Glock.

Ex Member

I bought 1K of 9mm ammo from a dealer in Florida, they handled things FIRST class so I don't want to use their name. Two days ago I get a call from the General Mgr telling me that the ammo, new ammo, has military spec primers and Glocks are TOO WEAK TO FIRE THEM. He offered to take them back and give full credit. I took 5 mags, 70 rounds, and my CZ P-01 to the range today. FLAWLESS. Guess you need a REAL GUN to fire tough ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    I bought 1K of 9mm ammo from a dealer in Florida, they handled things FIRST class so I don't want to use their name. Two days ago I get a call from the General Mgr telling me that the ammo, new ammo, has military spec primers and Glocks are TOO WEAK TO FIRE THEM. He offered to take them back and give full credit. I took 5 mags, 70 rounds, and my CZ P-01 to the range today. FLAWLESS. Guess you need a REAL GUN to fire tough ammo.
    Did you at least TRY the ammo in the Glock before trading it for a more expensive gun?

Boy,!! Are you going to get it!!! This is going to be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by wysh View Post
    Boy,!! Are you going to get it!!! This is going to be fun.
    Ya think?

I suspect the guy is full of crap. I often use Wolf and CCI primers which have a reputation for producing batches of 'hard' primers. All my Glocks seem to do just fine with them.

But James Yager said that all guns should be 9mm and all 9mm's should be Glock! I saw it on YouTube... so it must be gospel
    Tactical Junior Senior Instructor Of Advanced Tactics
    The Gecko45 Tactical Academy of Tactical Tactics
    Master of the Tactical Back Flip
    Internet Gun Expert

VIP Member
    Did your unnamed source offer to toss in a pair of clown shoes with that case of ammo?
    Last edited by Mike1956; November 20th, 2013 at 07:52 PM. Reason: sorry, I thought this was the OT/humor thread
    Gearhead, Badey, TX expat and 3 others like this.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

I wonder if that was the same store manager I saw selling ammo from the back of his van.
    wmhawth and gatorbait51 like this.
    You can get a lot with a smile but you can get a lot more with a smile and a gun...Al Capone

Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarshe View Post
    Did you at least TRY the ammo in the Glock before trading it for a more expensive gun?

I bought a Glock 19 in 1990. Worked OK reliability was fair, and accuracy was fair. I tried a CZ P-01 and it was night and day. The FIRST mag through the CZ was getter than ANY 14 round group with the Glock. The 19 had a few FTF's, CZ, NONE. Sold the Glock and own two P-01's

... has military spec primers and Glocks are TOO WEAK TO FIRE THEM. FLAWLESS. Guess you need a REAL GUN to fire tough ammo.
    Any decent semi-auto pistol ought to be capable of having an uprated firing pin and spring installed. Doesn't make the gun substandard or flawed. Just means it comes out of the box designed for its purpose, and not other purposes.

Does anyone know if, say, the Glock 19 9mm fails to allow uprated pin/spring installs?

Ditto on the CZ P-01 reference, though. Hard to beat, no matter how you slice 'em.
    CLASS3NH and gatorbait51 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I wished that I owned 2 P-01's.

I could crap on one and cover it up with the other.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Or a crap gun to fire crap ammo?
    Smarshe and gatorbait51 like this.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    I suspect the guy is full of crap. I often use Wolf and CCI primers which have a reputation for producing batches of 'hard' primers. All my Glocks seem to do just fine with them.

See that the problem with the internet. You get people who have NO idea what they are talking about, but if it hurts the reputation if their Kool Aid gun they go into panic mode . The company is Ammunition Depot. The G.M.'s name is Scott. The ammo is Sabro. I shot it at Don's Guns on Lafayette road.

Call them in the morning and ask them.

Now don't you feel stupid ?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

CZs are wonderful weapons.

cz1.jpg

Glocks... well... I wont own one...
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Or a crap gun to fire crap ammo?
    Glock / TulAmmo?
    Mike1956 and gatorbait51 like this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links