Extreme Shock Ammo?

Extreme Shock Ammo?

This is a discussion on Extreme Shock Ammo? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone tried it? I live in an apartment with people on both sides, above and below. I have read that it basically turns to ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By buckeye .45
  • 3 Post By Kilowatt3

Thread: Extreme Shock Ammo?

Extreme Shock Ammo?

Has anyone tried it? I live in an apartment with people on both sides, above and below. I have read that it basically turns to powder when it goes through drywall.

There is a guy on You Tube that does his on gel test on ammo, Tn Outdoors is the one I am talking about. When he tested this ammo it failed to expand and was more like a FMJ penetrating a 24 inch block of ballistic gel. That just like Hornaday Critical Duty works great on gel but I would like some real world stats. before I use it. I reload and Hornaday bullets are my favorite.

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    the price tag is shocking for sure, considering that i always run at least 50 rds of the ammo i carry to ensure reliability and rotate out carry ammo twice a year.

"Explosive Entry Fang Face" really?

the packaging and marketing claims seem pretty gimmicky and i never had a desire to try it.

They claim to be in use by many LE agencies although I don't know of any that use them.

what the heck is Tungsten-NyTrilium?

they claim that : An AFR round has completely dumped its entire energy in the first 7". this goes against conventional wisdom, FBI studies have determined that defensive ammo should reliably penetrate a minimum of 12" in ballistic gelatin in order to be an effective manstopper on the streets.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot23.htm it does not fragment with just dry wall.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

It has been discussed here several times in the past, and the general consensus is that the Extreme Shock ammo is all over priced gimmicks.

There really isn't a magic bullet that is going to penetrate deep enough to stop a threat, but not go through a wall.
    rocky and glockman10mm like this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by technomonster View Post
    ...what the heck is Tungsten-NyTrilium?...
    IIRC, it's a composite made from light bulb filaments mixed with cold medicine.

Oh, wait... That's Tungsten-NyQuilium. Never mind.
    flintlock62, Badey and Rotorflyr like this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Senior Member Array flintlock62's Avatar
    My understanding is shock does nothing like advertised to the human body. Penetration is needed to go through vital organs. I would stick with the more conventional Speer Gold Dot, Federal HST, or Remington Golden Sabers.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    It has been discussed here several times in the past, and the general consensus is that the Extreme Shock ammo is all over priced gimmicks.

There really isn't a magic bullet that is going to penetrate deep enough to stop a threat, but not go through a wall.
    Enough said right there.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Sponsored Links