umc ammo

umc ammo

This is a discussion on umc ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; has anyone used UMC 9mm ammo I think it is made by Remington have a chance to get 250 rounds at a reasonable price, not ...

Thread: umc ammo

umc ammo

has anyone used UMC 9mm ammo I think it is made by Remington have a chance to get 250 rounds at a reasonable price, not familiar with the brand, Pro and con please. will be used in my Springfield EMP 9mm.

Get it it works. Not exotic or top of the line but what it does it does consistently.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

It works fine, and if you can find it at a reasonable price all the better! I'm starting to see .45 and .40 cal in SE Wisconsin, but still not 9mm. Before things got crazy a year ago you could find this pretty much anywhere for $69 or less (on sale) for a box of 250 9mm rounds.

Senior Member Array flintlock62's Avatar
    I've got 6 boxes left in 40 S&W . I bought them at $11.99, box of 50. Of course that was a few years ago! They shoot great for target rounds. I suppose 9mm would be good too. Yes, they are Remington.

Quote Originally Posted by warcloud View Post
    has anyone used UMC 9mm ammo I think it is made by Remington have a chance to get 250 rounds at a reasonable price, not familiar with the brand, Pro and con please. will be used in my Springfield EMP 9mm.

Good range ammo, don't hesitate. I've shot UMC through my .357 revolvers and my wife's 9mm without a problem. I have a couple hundred more packed in the ammo can.

The JHP version actually isnt a bad 9mm round for stocking up on. Its quit a bit cheaper and honestly though it isnt the creme de le creme of the lot it pretty consistently expands. If stocking up on jhp is on the wish list for SHTF or the nutty ammo shortages its pretty good stuff while not spending nearly as much money.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Remington and UMC are cheap, shoot well, and run super dirty.

Expect to spend a few more minutes cleaning your firearm, but it definitely is good target ammo.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    I've shot quite a bit of the UMC .45 230 fmj through my G-36 and it worked fine. Like others have said it does seem to be fairly dirty though. Good luck!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Good for target practice but it can be a little weak. At least that is my experience with the 9mm 115g FMJ
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Yeah. I really like UMC. I will take it over win white box any day of the week.

I have had good results using it,,,,, middle of the road ammo.

Links