Turkish 9mm Ammo?

This is a discussion on Turkish 9mm Ammo? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was at an out of town walmart yesterday, and came across 50 cal ammo boxes, filled with 900 rounds of 9mm, made in Turkey. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Turkish 9mm Ammo?

Turkish 9mm Ammo?

I was at an out of town walmart yesterday, and came across 50 cal ammo boxes, filled with 900 rounds of 9mm, made in Turkey. I couldnt make out the brand name.

Anyone know anything about this stuff? Is it GTG?

I dont know the price, btw. Couldnt see it, and no one was around.

UPDATE: I got some further information on this stuff. Not much info, but some.

I phoned the store. They got in two ammo boxes of this stuff. 1 in 5.56, the other in 9mm. The 9mm was already sold.

The 5.56 the guy said was "MKE, or MKN" brand (it appeared to him), was $477.00 for 720 rounds.

The guy thought that the 9mm cost about the same, but had 900 rounds in it. The guy also said it was exceptionally rare to have gotten that in. So good luck ever finding it again.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Never heard of it. How about Sumbro from Macedonia? It was out for 7-10 days. I got 1K and my CZ's liked it so much ordered another 1000. Two different MAJOR importers had it for sale then sent the rest back. Seems that the two BIGGEST names in handguns, both in Austria and U.S.A., hint hint will NOT FIRE THE AMMO. I have been through 200-300 rounds so far, I shoot once a week, and it has been PERFECT................well in a CZ IT IS PERFECT. The two 'big boys' just stand on the sidelines because the primers are REAL military sub gun primers and they can't handle it.

I saw the same ammo cans at my local WalMart and at that price and for unknown quality I skipped on it. And to think that a couple years back I got 1000 rounds of Sellier and Bellot from Cabelas for $200.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

ZQI Ammunition 9x19 Parabellum

Hi,

In response to the inquiry about Turkish 9mm ammo at Wal-Mart, the actual quantity sold in one of those cans is 1,200 rounds. It is manufactured to NATO specifications, and it is high quality ammunition. Please see below a short spec list:

Description: 9 mm x 19 PARABELLUM PISTOL CARTRIDGE
    Specification: NATO PFP (NAAG-LCGDSS-SG1)
    Bullet Weight (grains): 123.459 (+/- 1.157)
    Cartridge Weight (grains): ~187.503
    Cartridge Length (inches): 1.169 (- 0.012)
    Velocity (fps at 52.493 feet): 1,213.911 (+/- 32.808)
    Accuracy (mean radius in inches at 150.919 feet): max. 2.992
    Case Material: Brass (CuZn30)
    Bullet Material: FMJ, Bullet Cup (Brass (CuZn36)) and Bullet Core (Lead-Antimony Alloyed)
    Primer: 9 mm Primer, Boxer
    Powder: Ball Powder
    Shelf Life: 10 years

I hope this is helpful.

Sincerely,

Andy Eckert

Here is a resource for finding some "Name Brand" Ammo for the Range.
    Normally, I use Winchester FMJ in the weight I carry, but will go with Speer or other brands I have come to trust.

9mm luger ammo handgun
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patri0t View Post
    Here is a resource for finding some "Name Brand" Ammo for the Range.
    Normally, I use Winchester FMJ in the weight I carry, but will go with Speer or other brands I have come to trust.

9mm luger ammo handgun

Good site. Thanks

A video they have on ZQI about page
    About | ZQI Ammunition

It appears to be a belated attempt to exploit the ammo crunch to sell cheap-ass third-world surplus ammo at premium prices.

Accuracy (mean radius in inches at 150.919 feet): max. 2.992
    This equates to ONE FOOT groups at 100 yards.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    It appears to be a belated attempt to exploit the ammo crunch to sell cheap-ass third-world surplus ammo at premium prices.

This equates to ONE FOOT groups at 100 yards.
    I sincerely doubt that Turkish NATO-spec is "cheap third-world surplus ammo," and the accuracy spec is probably not representative of actual performance, like the "10 year shelf life."
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    I saw the same ammo cans at my local WalMart and at that price and for unknown quality I skipped on it. And to think that a couple years back I got 1000 rounds of Sellier and Bellot from Cabelas for $200.
    Yeah, same here. And with free shipping and an ammo box. If a guy shoots a box or two a year (50 round boxes), it doesnt matter much what the price is.

When you do some training that requires 1K rounds for each participant, getting the price down is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    I sincerely doubt that Turkish NATO-spec is "cheap third-world surplus ammo," and the accuracy spec is probably not representative of actual performance, like the "10 year shelf life."
    I tend to think that that is top notch ammo. It appears to be from the Turkish Gov ammo company, and only marketed here by a 3rd party.

I also think that its very over priced.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    Yeah, same here. And with free shipping and an ammo box. If a guy shoots a box or two a year (50 round boxes), it doesnt matter much what the price is.

When you do some training that requires 1K rounds for each participant, getting the price down is a must.

A box or two a year? I shoot 100-150 a week and have for 40+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    I tend to think that that is top notch ammo. It appears to be from the Turkish Gov ammo company, and only marketed here by a 3rd party.

I also think that its very over priced.
    Yeah, over 50 cents per round seems crazy. But then, if you can't find any cheaper...
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    A box or two a year? I shoot 100-150 a week and have for 40+ years.

Hot damn!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

It will probably stay over priced as long as it sells at that price. But if you need the ammo you just do and not much choice in the matter. why Im starting to reload lol.

There is ammo aplenty now regardless of what the sellers say. Christmas came and ammo is all over the place. In another thread, I posted catching one LGS halving 100 round value packs into 50 ct zip lock bags and charging 24. 99 for the bag. Almost doubling their money on every value pack they split up.

Stores have ammo in the back but keep it there let the shelves run dry for a while then put some out at inflated prices to keep them inflated.

Money talks.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links