Scored some 9mm HST

This is a discussion on Scored some 9mm HST within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Locally. That's the big deal. I usually spend my money at a small shop that is a LEO shop. Uniforms, badges, whatever a cop needs. ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By multistage
  • 2 Post By Bad Bob

Thread: Scored some 9mm HST

Scored some 9mm HST

Locally. That's the big deal.

I usually spend my money at a small shop that is a LEO shop. Uniforms, badges, whatever a cop needs. Sweet prices on Smith guns, too. They do business with civvies as well. Kind of a word of mouth place, not on the map. I like 'em because they sell to civvies at VERY good prices. M&Ps, three mags, and night sights for 499. These guys rock.

But they've been out of carry ammo since March. They may have gotten some in that was set aside for agencies, but none for the common folk. 9, 40, 45, no joy. Ball, yeah. Carry, no sir.

Until today.

They called me (I'm kinda like Norm from Cheers at this place) with the good news that they finally (13 months later) got some 9mm carry ammo in. HST and Gold Dot. So I snagged six boxes of HST. They also said that the coveted M&P 9c mags will be here soon as well. 26 bucks for a box of HST, and they get 24.99 for an M&P mag of any variety. That's why I like 'em.

Sounds as though things may just be simmering down. That's the best news. Could it be that common sense (real kind, not Obama kind) is still alive in America? Amazing.
    StormRhydr likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Cool, I haven't being able to get none of those in the 9mm or the .45 but I'm still looking.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

Is this the 20 round or 50 round boxes?

My local gun shop, that I trust, had told me that the 50rd boxes meant for LE sale are obviously great, but that the dealer could lose their ability to sell Federal ammo if they sold to to the civilian market, that they sign and agree to sell it to LE only. The 50rd boxes meant for the civilian market are not to the quality of the civilian 20rd or LE 50rd boxes, but not so blemished or under performing that they are considered factory seconds.. but that performance could be, COULD BE inconsistent.

Just kinda what I was told by the LGS. On a related note, this LGS has both LE 50rd and civ 20rd boxes of HST in all calibers, and my local Gander Mountain also has the 20rd boxes..

I see the 20 rds boxes of HST for the 9mm, 40 and 45 all the time at Academy Sports here in Texas. No +p, but they usually have mant boxes. I have noticed that the non +P is more available than the +P for many brands ans calibers.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJ View Post
    ...My local gun shop, that I trust, had told me that the 50rd boxes meant for LE sale are obviously great, but that the dealer could lose their ability to sell Federal ammo if they sold to to the civilian market, that they sign and agree to sell it to LE only. The 50rd boxes meant for the civilian market are not to the quality of the civilian 20rd or LE 50rd boxes, but not so blemished or under performing that they are considered factory seconds.. but that performance could be, COULD BE inconsistent...
    Your LGS guy is full of carp on all counts.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#0002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

The weird part for me is carry ammo is in stock everwere but plinking stuff no . See Midway last I look lots of 9mm but all HP etc no bulk cheep stuff

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    Wally Worlds near me regularly have the 20 rd boxes of 9mm & .40 HST in stock for about $24. Its good stuff although a little pricey!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

I will not buy centerfire pistol cartridges in 20 round boxes.
    JD and multistage like this.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

These are 50 round boxes. 20 rounds for 22 bucks, or 50 rounds for 26 bucks.

There will be no 20 round boxes.

I've got about 250 rounds of 147gr HST for my nines and a 100 rounds of 230gr HST for my .45s.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

I recently ordered some Federal P45HST2 for $33 a box along with some practice ammo- Federal American Eagle 45 230gr FMJ-$23 a box for my S&W M&P 45C. I also ordered some Rem Golden Saber +P 124 gr for my Glock19--$14 for a box of 25. The only problem I had was finding ammo for my friends 25 cal. I went through Ammunition Depot and everything went smooth, plus every box of ammo was $10 cheaper than here in NYC.---Sturgis

Links