Liberty Civil Defense 9mm from a Kimber Solo

This is a discussion on Liberty Civil Defense 9mm from a Kimber Solo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone tried it? Will it cycle the gun? Anyone know of any further testing on this round? Gel tests show it does what it is ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By lyodbraun
  • 2 Post By ghost tracker

Thread: Liberty Civil Defense 9mm from a Kimber Solo

Anyone tried it? Will it cycle the gun? Anyone know of any further testing on this round? Gel tests show it does what it is supposed to with a large energy transfer quickly at the expense of less penetration.

I have to admit that the idea of a light/fast bullet appeals to me along the lines of an AR or FNH Five-seveN concept. I work in a retail store and the idea of having a round that breaks up rapidly on contact and minimizes penetration either to prevent shot through or in the event of a miss and hitting a wall/display rack etc appeals in my setting. For daily outside adventures I still think that HST is my go to.....but in the small confines of a store...this round may be what I default to.

2. Remove Ads

I would go with HST but here is a review of the liberty.

http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com/2...clear.html?m=1

The liberty ammo is nothing special, waste of money IMO the round does not go deep enough to hit vital organs to stop an attacker, spend your money and carry a proven round as HST or Speer gold dots or a Barnes DPX copper bullet.
    StormRhydr likes this.

There's ammo tested against the FBI protocol and there's ammo tested against the ability of the Marketing Department to sway buyers with verbiage. I wholeheartedly agree with the previous posts who suggest you avoid the latest brand or feature and stick with ammo that's proven to stop an assailant. It's tough to go wrong with Speer or Hornady.
    StormRhydr and lyodbraun like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Links