9mm Heavy Bullets for PX4 Storm Compact and Glock GEN 3 and Gen 4

This is a discussion on 9mm Heavy Bullets for PX4 Storm Compact and Glock GEN 3 and Gen 4 within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had been using Winchester 147 grain JHPs in my Beretta 9000s 9mm as carry rounds. They seem to have disappeared off the face of ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GlassWolf

Thread: 9mm Heavy Bullets for PX4 Storm Compact and Glock GEN 3 and Gen 4

9mm Heavy Bullets for PX4 Storm Compact and Glock GEN 3 and Gen 4

I had been using Winchester 147 grain JHPs in my Beretta 9000s 9mm as carry rounds.

They seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth, and I am looking for a replacement.

I am moving to a Beretta PX4 Storm Compact, and my son is getting, as a birthday present, a Glock 19, either Gen 3 or Gen 4.

Both guns will be in 9mm, and I want the heaviest round JHP available.

Any comments or advice or suggestions welcome.
    George H. Foster
    Orlando, Florida

2. Remove Ads

First if you get a gen 4 get a latter model of it the first ones had problmes ..

And I am looking and if you want to backorder you can get 500 rounds of the Winchester round for 210 from Midway ...Winchester USA Ammo 9mm Luger 147 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point

Most SD rounds are in 147 grain the PDX1 the golden sabers my fav round is the critical defesnive round the +P is at 135 grain . I say CD or pdx1 or ranger or sxp ( black talons ) or golden sabers are all great ones that will do what needs to be done

Self Defense | 9mm Luger | Handgun Ammo | Ammo h

Gold Dots and HST are available in 147gr standard pressure or +P. Either would be a good choice.

PX4 will have no problem with them, don't know about the Glocks.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GHFLRLTD View Post
    I had been using Winchester 147 grain JHPs in my Beretta 9000s 9mm as carry rounds.

They seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth, and I am looking for a replacement.

I am moving to a Beretta PX4 Storm Compact, and my son is getting, as a birthday present, a Glock 19, either Gen 3 or Gen 4.

Both guns will be in 9mm, and I want the heaviest round JHP available.

Any comments or advice or suggestions welcome.
    The best 147gr 9x19mm SD round out there is the Federal Premium HST (non +P)
    It's shown consistently superior performance to just about everything else in 147gr. Now if you go to a lighter round, that isn't the case. Speer GDHP are just as good at 124+P
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

I like the heavy bullets too, but they are rare as hens teeth round here. Some very informal testing conducted in nov with a friend has made me a fan of of the winchester 124 gr PDX1 rounds.... we used the most lifelike pumpkins and water jugs we could find....
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Links