Is anyone making "back-ordered" orders for .22LR?

This is a discussion on Is anyone making "back-ordered" orders for .22LR? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought a Ruger SR22 and, of course, find .22LR hard to get. Looking online, I found that I could order bulk from MidwayUSA, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Is anyone making "back-ordered" orders for .22LR?

I just bought a Ruger SR22 and, of course, find .22LR hard to get. Looking online, I found that I could order bulk from MidwayUSA, but the date of delivery is projected many months down the road. I'm considering ordering some back-ordered bulk .22LR just to get in line. Any thoughts?

Thanks.
    The chief end of man is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever (Westminster Shorter Catechism, 1647).

I did on midway for that Remington 1400 round bucket. Back in October, when the estimated date was December 31. It's 1/17 and it hasn't shipped, and I saw the date was pushed back to June. But its okay, I'm not in a big hurry . $60 for 1400 rounds, not bad.
    CC Gun: Springfield XD-S 9mm
    Other: Beretta Neos .22

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Broadus View Post
    I just bought a Ruger SR22 and, of course, find .22LR hard to get. Looking online, I found that I could order bulk from MidwayUSA, but the date of delivery is projected many months down the road. I'm considering ordering some back-ordered bulk .22LR just to get in line. Any thoughts?

Thanks.
    You should have had your 22 ammo in hand before buying a new 22.

The other guy that got 1400R for $60 you should have ordered 100 times your order for that money.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post

The other guy that got 1400R for $60 you should have ordered 100 times your order for that money.
    I believe it was a 1 bucket limit, but you're right.
    CC Gun: Springfield XD-S 9mm
    Other: Beretta Neos .22

I still kind find 22LR at Academy here in TX, but a 2 box limit (50/box), but you have to get there first thing in the morning right after delivery day. Still kind of hit or miss.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

In a perfect world, that's good thinking. Suffice it to say, we don't live in a perfect world, and our imperfect world seems no longer the normal imperfect. I have been working at getting some .22LR before I got the SR22, but these guns aren't getting any cheaper around here. I figured $329 for a threaded barrel was about as good as I was going to get. Hopefully, 22LR ammo will start to get more accessible as 9mm and .40 and .45 have become so.

There are at least three ways to take your statement. First, that he should have ordered 100 of those buckets. Unfortunately, there's a limitation of one.

Second, that he should have order 140,000 rounds for $60. Okay, you didn't mean that.

Third, that he should have ordered one each of all the .22LR available. Whatever.
    The chief end of man is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever (Westminster Shorter Catechism, 1647).

Set up Gunbot.net to notify you when someboby has it in stock and you won't have to wait. Midsouth shooters has some right now.
    lionround likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by txron View Post
    I still kind find 22LR at Academy here in TX, but a 2 box limit (50/box), but you have to get there first thing in the morning right after delivery day. Still kind of hit or miss.
    I think it's the same around here, and the closest Academy is 40 miles away.

VIP Member
    I ordered a bucket from Midway a few weeks ago, that they say won't be in until June. I have plenty of ammo to hold me until then, and then I'll have this order to replace it. Ammo isn't one of those things that you can count on just running out and buying anymore.

Heck, I'm so old that I can remember when EVERY rural grocery, hardware store, bait shop & beauty parlor had PLENTY of .22 ammo (even longs) on the shelf. Now, I'm busting my budget just to drive around and look for some. If back-ordering will at least give us hope, what are the options?
    WHEC724 likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Heck, I'm so old that I can remember when EVERY rural grocery, hardware store, bait shop & beauty parlor had PLENTY of .22 ammo (even longs) on the shelf. Now, I'm busting my budget just to drive around and look for some. If back-ordering will at least give us hope, what are the options?
    I think you're right. Shipping can be high, but so is driving around looking for what usually isn't there.

i'm about out of my stash of .22's. i'm bout to throw it to the wind and just start shooting the 9mm all the time. at least i can reliably get ammo. expensive shooting is better than no shooting. and as pointed out, at some point all the effort of finding the stuff will overcome the cost of just buying more expensive ammo, and the wife and i get more realistic practice too. i like the idea of being notified when it comes available, but is there a limit? cuz the 2 (50/box) limit is just pointless, i can burn thorugh a hundred .22's and it feels like a light snack. i also have a few SKS's so maybe its just time to shoot 9mm and 7.62 all the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Kavalander View Post
    i'm about out of my stash of .22's. i'm bout to throw it to the wind and just start shooting the 9mm all the time. at least i can reliably get ammo. expensive shooting is better than no shooting. and as pointed out, at some point all the effort of finding the stuff will overcome the cost of just buying more expensive ammo, and the wife and i get more realistic practice too. i like the idea of being notified when it comes available, but is there a limit? cuz the 2 (50/box) limit is just pointless, i can burn thorugh a hundred .22's and it feels like a light snack. i also have a few SKS's so maybe its just time to shoot 9mm and 7.62 all the time...
    I'm almost in the same place of thinking. I can find 9mm WWB and Federal Champion all the time at Walmart, and I don't intend to pay .15 a round for 22LR. Maybe it will ease up over the coming months.
    Kavalander likes this.

$0.06 per round is about my limit on .22lr. I was lucky enough to find a Winchester M-22 brick of 1000 a little while back. That's about all I have though. These hoarders are awful. They are only making themselves pay more.
    Broadus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pixel5 View Post
    $0.06 per round is about my limit on .22lr. I was lucky enough to find a Winchester M-22 brick of 1000 a little while back. That's about all I have though. These hoarders are awful. They are only making themselves pay more.
    Yep. Eventually it'll come to end. It's nothing more than an artificial shortage brought on by panicky, and often opportunistic, folks. Remember how just a couple of years ago you couldn't lay hands on center-fire pistol ammo -especially .380 FMJs priced as high as $100 per box of 50 rounds- except at crazy-stupid prices because of all sorts of rumors?

This might take a year or two to pass, but it will.

Hopefully, those who shoot simply for the enjoyment of our sport had enough set aside to weather this storm.
    Broadus likes this.
    My favorite "gun" book-

QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links