Wasn't expecting this....shoulda brought a friend!

This is a discussion on Wasn't expecting this....shoulda brought a friend! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went in to my local Sportsman's Warehouse just to look around this afternoon and found a whole shelf full of Blazer 22 LR bricks! Limit ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Wasn't expecting this....shoulda brought a friend!

Went in to my local Sportsman's Warehouse just to look around this afternoon and found a whole shelf full of Blazer 22 LR bricks! Limit one to a customer but there was a shelf of them. I've never seen so many in one place since this ammo shortage hit. Apparently they got 12 cases of 10 bricks. $24.95. Still a little high but I bought a brick since I have very little on hand.....
    Greghan and gatorbait51 like this.
    "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Lewis

It's still a dry well here, for .22LR. Congrats on the find.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Operation Joint Endeavor, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1995-96)
    SFOR, Stabilization Force, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1997-98)
    Operation Iraqi Freedom, Iraq, US Army, 3rd Infantry Div (2007-08)
    Operation Enduring Freedom, Horn of Africa, US Army (2010)

VIP Member
    nice! the stuff shows up every now and then, I think people are still hoarding 22lr. Get used to the new price
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Yup, can't find them anywhere here. Good find, if I were within 150 miles, I'd throw the family in the car and get a brick for each one of us!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greghan View Post
    Yup, can't find them anywhere here. Good find, if I were within 150 miles, I'd throw the family in the car and get a brick for each one of us!
    not picking on you Greghan but thats why we are out everyone ( including the Buckwheat clan) is doing that.
    Greghan and gatorbait51 like this.
    Wyatt Earp

I can honestly tell you I am NOT hoarding as I had less than 200 rounds until today......
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockymonster View Post
    I can honestly tell you I am NOT hoarding as I had less than 200 rounds until today......
    nope! you are not a hoarder but because many of use buy it every time we see it you only have 200 rounds. Once people reach 4-5000 rounds they should stop. I know guys that have 15K-20 rounds. I think 2,000 rnds. is a good amount of 22lr to have on hand.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    nope! you are not a hoarder but because many of use buy it every time we see it you only have 200 rounds. Once people reach 4-5000 rounds they should stop. I know guys that have 15K-20 rounds. I think 2,000 rnds. is a good amount of 22lr to have on hand.
    Yeah, so quit hoarding so I can catch up!
    gatorbait51 and Sarge65 like this.

I have about 1500 rounds, and just bought an m&p 22 for my wife to start shooting. Along with a 10/22 takedown so I can shoot with my son. 3 .22's will eat through that stock quick! But I know what your saying. It's just hard to not buy them when you never see them.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

If I had 20,000 rounds, I'd send y'all each a brick or two free of charge!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    I thought by now we would see 22lr on the shelves on a regular basis. I don't purchase it when I see it but admit that I am tempted. I have enough for the upcoming season.
    Wyatt Earp

Congrats on the find, Rockymonster. I'm not in a metro area, so Walmart and online are my main sources, and neither are great right now. I have 300 rounds and just bought a Ruger SR22. Hopefully, things will ease up some with .22LRs in the not-too-distant future.
    Greghan likes this.
    The chief end of man is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever (Westminster Shorter Catechism, 1647).

I'm hoping right along with you Broadus!
    Broadus likes this.

Last time I saw quantities like that was Black Friday after Thanksgiving, (actually Thanksgiving night, but don't get me started on that). My local Dick's had boxes of 22lr, 525 count Remmington, for $19.99, limit one. It was worth the wait in line in the cold. On another note, I was in my local Wal-Mart the other day on found .380 target rounds in stock. That NEVER happens around here. They had it for $21.99 a box, limit two.
    Broadus likes this.
    I don't want to be a hero, but I'm sure not going to be a victim.

Hydrogen and human stupidty are the two most common elements on earth, not necessarily in that order. -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by BradL View Post
    Last time I saw quantities like that was Black Friday after Thanksgiving, (actually Thanksgiving night, but don't get me started on that). My local Dick's had boxes of 22lr, 525 count Remmington, for $19.99, limit one. It was worth the wait in line in the cold. On another note, I was in my local Wal-Mart the other day on found .380 target rounds in stock. That NEVER happens around here. They had it for $21.99 a box, limit two.
    That's a positive sign about the .380s and not just a fluke. I haven't seen any .380s at our local Walmart.
    The chief end of man is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever (Westminster Shorter Catechism, 1647).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links