Wanna buy some G2 R.I.P 9mm ammo? heres a start....

This is a discussion on Wanna buy some G2 R.I.P 9mm ammo? heres a start.... within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This tickled me pink.... I seriously hope fools arent actually buying this crap..... ARMSLIST - For Sale: g2 Research Rip 9mm ammo. 3 Boxes left!...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Taurahe
  • 1 Post By 481
  • 2 Post By sammeow
  • 1 Post By Cuda66

Thread: Wanna buy some G2 R.I.P 9mm ammo? heres a start....

This tickled me pink.... I seriously hope fools arent actually buying this crap.....

ARMSLIST - For Sale: g2 Research Rip 9mm ammo. 3 Boxes left!
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    geez only a hundred dollars per box... I would buy a nice 250 pack of something else for that kind of cash then head to the range for some fun... goes to show you buyer beware
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

I flagged it as a scam and suggests others do too. After 5 or 6 flags the ad will be automatically deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by jhogan2424 View Post
    I flagged it as a scam and suggests others do too. After 5 or 6 flags the ad will be automatically deleted.
    what makes it a scam? If he has it he can sell it for whatever price he wants.... if someone is dumb enough to buy it that is their problem...
    481 likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    what makes it a scam? If he has it he can sell it for whatever price he wants.... if someone is dumb enough to buy it that is their problem...
    This.

As much as I don't care for the recent practice of folks buying ammo only for the purpose of reselling it at a very much higher price or the RIP ammo design itself (it's not all that it has been hyped to be), it's a free country (for now) and if the seller can find someone willing to part with that much of their hard-earned money, then more power to him. At five bucks a pop, it's not worth it IMO, but maybe someone else thinks so.
    Taurahe likes this.
    My favorite "gun" book-

QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

Wow, at only $5 a round?
    What a bargin. (Sarcasm)
    Taurahe and NewtownSam like this.

There is a difference in making an honest buck and totally ripping someone off. I frequent armslist and flag many ads that are way overpriced. When flagging ads, you can actually pick "overpriced" from the dropdown but i typically pick "scam" because it is higher on the list and I don't have to scroll down so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    This tickled me pink.... I seriously hope fools arent actually buying this crap.....

ARMSLIST - For Sale: g2 Research Rip 9mm ammo. 3 Boxes left!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

There is a difference in making an honest buck and totally ripping someone off. I frequent armslist and flag many ads that are way overpriced. When flagging ads, you can actually pick "overpriced" from the dropdown but i typically pick "scam" because it is higher on the list and I don't have to scroll down so far.
    I agree, but it is always buyer beware in todays world. if they cant cant do their due diligence, sucks to be them. I wish I had your time to police armslist....
    ~Daniel Webster

A scam is a fraudulent practice. If they're delivering a good that the consumer is willing to pay, then they are not doing anything fraudulent. I would just choose not to do business with them.

I disagree.

This ammo is not a necessity. You will not die if you can't get it.

It's a luxury item (as everything on Armslist is).

It's capitalism, pure and simple. If you don't like it, you may want to check out how the alternative works in Cuba...

In fact, if somebody was doing it with stocks, or real estate, we'd call them an entrepreneur...
    481 likes this.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

This ammo is $44.00/box of 20 rounds in 9 mm. The seller is out to take advantage of those who will not do the easy research themselves.

I've ordered a box for my collection of new techno. ammo. Of course, I'll never fire a round of it. Why break-up a box?

Sponsored Links