What if you walked into the sporting goods at WW and

This is a discussion on What if you walked into the sporting goods at WW and within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What if you walked into the sporting goods at WW and the ammo cabinet was full again! Just like pre-Dec 2012! And let us say ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: What if you walked into the sporting goods at WW and

What if you walked into the sporting goods at WW and

What if you walked into the sporting goods at WW and the ammo cabinet was full again! Just like pre-Dec 2012!

And let us say there weren’t any limits on how much you could buy.

Would you buy it all up, as much as you could afford?

Or would you just buy enough to go to the range tomorrow?

Or would it simply just; warm the cockles of your heart and bring on a sigh of relief?

Personally… I would buy just enough for my family and I to go outback and shoot paper tomorrow.

If you chose: ”you would buy it all up, as much as you could afford” and you went back the next day and the cabinet was full again, would you buy it all up again?

ahhhhh the good o'l days
    StormRhydr likes this.

2. Remove Ads

To be honest about it, up until the second obama/sandy hook shortage, walmart prices were too high for me. At least on 9mm, which I shoot the most.

I would order online in bulk. And often pay MUCH less per box than walmart sells it for. When obama was about to be elected the FIRST time, I ordered thousands of rounds, (various brands), for somewhere around $6 per box of 50 FMJ. Most all of it brass cased ammo. S&B, Magtech, some wolf, etc.

I SHOULD have done the same thing with .22 LR, but just would buy an extra brick here and there. Well, I did order a number of bricks of wolf .22 LR. Btw, thats darn good ammo. Brass cased, runs in any weapon I have tried it in. I have had better luck with it than most US brands in bulk. Then again, and sort of oddly enough, it was also more expensive than say a brick of rem golden bullets.

I would buy more .22s. I guess thats it. I have a very good supply of .22 on hand, but I dont think that we can ever trust the supply chain again.
    gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.

Honestly I'd buy anything 22lr or 9mm given the chance.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Carry means carry. That means all of the time. If you don't, you're just kidding yourself and opening up options for someone to take you down.

Quote Originally Posted by JDavisArk View Post
    Honestly I'd buy anything 22lr or 9mm given the chance.
    Middle TN, here. 9mm Federal brand, ($15 per box), and some turkish stuff thats higher priced at least, is just piling up on the shelves. I have even seen at a number of stores (sitting there for days at a time), ammo cans of 9mm. Btw, those ammo cans are turkish ammo, and WAY over priced. I cant figure that out.
    Kilowatt3 and gatorbait51 like this.

Forget that ZQ ammo that's priced at 50rds per box for what normally is for 100rds.a manufacture. WalMart is not on the cutting edge anymore with price nor quality.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Carry means carry. That means all of the time. If you don't, you're just kidding yourself and opening up options for someone to take you down.

Man that's a good one. I don't really know....well, I don't really know. Probably just breath easy. I was preparing for this stuff before it even happened so this didn't catch me off guard, I called it
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    What if you walked into the sporting goods at WW and the ammo cabinet was full again! Just like pre-Dec 2012!

And let us say there weren’t any limits on how much you could buy.

Would you buy it all up, as much as you could afford?

Or would you just buy enough to go to the range tomorrow?

Or would it simply just; warm the cockles of your heart and bring on a sigh of relief?

Personally… I would buy just enough for my family and I to go outback and shoot paper tomorrow.

If you chose: ”you would buy it all up, as much as you could afford” and you went back the next day and the cabinet was full again, would you buy it all up again?

ahhhhh the good o'l days
    One I don't walk into WM.

Two just last Friday I went out to pay some bills and surprise SURPRISE as soon as I got out of my truck I saw the sign We Have 22 AMMO IN STOCK

I could NOT believe it!! I went inside and while I couldn't really afford it I bought the last 2 bricks of Federal 525R HP ammo for about $63 w/tax. I figure I paid 6.3 cents per round w/tax.

I'd be happy to see 22 ammo come back every where and back to where it ran 3 to 5 cents a round w/tax.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

I'd make a few calls, then buy just enough to choot'em
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I'd hate to do it but after much moaning and hand wringing, I'd plunk down a grand. .22, 9mm, and at least one tuna can of 7.62 x 39
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

I look for my ammo deals online. I'd just feel relief that they had ammo in stock again.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    I rarely frequent Wally world anymore , I go months without going - so who knows, that easily could happen to me.

I'd probably buy 2 or 3 boxes of 500 rnd 22lr, and then just let it "warm the cockles of my heart". I mostly shoot 9mm now, and have been reloading for it since Sept., I've pretty much had whatever I've wanted for recreational/training shooting. But I would feel good that reloading components should be coming plentiful again as well.

I think ammo has definitely gone up in price and will never go back to pre sandy hook, but it would be really nice to see it become abundant again.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

I bought 2 100 round boxes of Federal 9mm for $25.57 each yesterday. I figure that's a pretty good price.

I just made the switch from .40 to 9mm and the .40 would have been $36.97!
    StormRhydr and gatorbait51 like this.
    CC Gun: Springfield XD-S 9mm
    Other: Beretta Neos .22

Make no difference for me. I don't fool with the 9mm much, and I have plenty of .22
    Handload everything else.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Walked into Walmart yesterday just as the guy was opening a case of 22. He saw me walking up, smiled and set a 525 rd brick on the counter and explained that the limit was 1 box per person for that quantity. $26 later I walked out the door with it. Price has doubled since I bought the last brick but I guess that is about the cheapest I will ever see it again.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

VIP Member
    I would be happy to see the shelf full again! as for prices thats another story. Our Fleet Farm had pretty full shelves right now but the prices stink. At least you can purchase if you need to.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links