Ever Tried Military Ballistics Industries Ammo?

This is a discussion on Ever Tried Military Ballistics Industries Ammo? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone ever tried Military Ballistics Industries ammo? Is it any good? Is buying professionally refurbished ammo really a bargain? I see it on the ...

Thread: Ever Tried Military Ballistics Industries Ammo?

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar

Has anyone ever tried Military Ballistics Industries ammo? Is it any good? Is buying professionally refurbished ammo really a bargain? I see it on the Luck Gunner site and the pricing seems to be very reasonable. According to their description, they use quality components from Hornady, Speer, Lake City & Winchester.

I'm thinking that MBI FMJ for target practice seems to be a very viable option and help keep training costs down.

What do you think?

Yup have shot a lot of it from lucky gunner, no issues with it in .40S&W... Just make sure to inspect the ammo before loading up your mags...

Quote Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
    Yup have shot a lot of it from lucky gunner, no issues with it in .40S&W... Just make sure to inspect the ammo before loading up your mags...
    Thanks. Why check the ammo? Have you found dirt and debris? Malformed cartridges?

Yes I found some that were bulged and odd looking, and some with rippled like brass, I'd say around 20 or so out of the 1000-2000 rounds I've shot from them, back when it was much cheaper LOL... but overall I was pleased with them, if you do find any LuckyGunner will replace them... I sent them pics of all the rounds..

Quote Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
    Yes I found some that were bulged and odd looking, and some with rippled like brass, I'd say around 20 or so out of the 1000-2000 rounds I've shot from them, back when it was much cheaper LOL... but overall I was pleased with them, if you do find any LuckyGunner will replace them... I sent them pics of all the rounds..
    Sweet. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Links