Remington Golden Saber Black Belt

Remington Golden Saber Black Belt

This is a discussion on Remington Golden Saber Black Belt within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone heard about this yet? Sounds promising. Opinions? The Freedom Group's New 2014 Products | Tactical Life Remington Golden Saber Black Belt Ammo | More ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Remington Golden Saber Black Belt

Kennydale likes this.
    “Our lives come from God. So does our right to defend them”
    There is only one gun law in this country, the 2nd Amendment. All else is bureaucratic nonsense that I choose to comply with or not at my discretion.

I also like this part of the page

"emington is also addressing the needs of concealed carry by splitting its Ultimate Defense line of ammunition into “Full Size” and “Compact” handgun-specific ammunition. The full-size ammunition is the same as that which is already available, just rebranded, but what is really notable is the Ultimate Defense Compact handgun ammunition. This ammunition has the same flash-suppressant powder and primer as the rest of the Ultimate Defense line, but the bullets have been redesigned with a softer lead core and hexagon-shaped hollow point to provide maximum expansion and penetration with the lower velocities encountered in compact and subcompact handguns. "

Nice more makers are making compact ammo

And yeah this bullet looks nice esp on pentration
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

I like it when American companies re-invent themselves. I believe their R51 pistol will go over well with Shooters. And this ammo also looks as if they are seriously looking ahead to their corporate future.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

Hm. A separate belt (that has a risk of changing the shape/profile and hanging up on the chamber or barrel?) versus bonding. I wonder if that's anything to worry about, from the standpoint of reliability and/or accuracy.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    I've had good results from regular Golden Sabers. I may give these a try once I see them on the shelves. It'll be hard to sway me from my Winchester Rangers though.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

agalindo
    Goes to show that even good quality ammo needs a catchy, tacticool name so as to stir up interest in it.
    DingBat likes this.

I really like the Golden Sabers (especially for my .45's) and would give these a try. They sound interesting, but it'd take a lot of testing (for reliable feeding more than anything else) before I'd carry them.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

They'll NEVER catch on. 'Cause the box doesn't have the word "Zombie" printed anywhere on it. In fact, The Golden Sabers is one of the proposed names for the current (offensively-named) Washington Redskins.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

It does say it was "designed for law enforcement". That should be enough to sell a few boxes.

Personally I am not a fan of Golden Saber's. tested them many years ago and could never get reliable expansion but always got case separation. They may have improved the design over the years, never cared to find out.

Count me out. I carry the original Golden Sabers but this seems like a risky gimmick. Other companies bond the bullet. Hornady simply crimps the bullet. This extra piece that could slip or break loose just seems like a pointless move to look cool and tactical.

I wonder, how close Ultimate Defense is to the original Golden Saber?
    Remember the teacher telling you to “Bring enough for everybody”? That applies to gunfights, too. ~ Sarge @ Sarge's Roll Call

Is this replaceing the reg. golden saber? If so is the 357mag goeing to be med. vel. like the org.

Remington ammunition ballistics have been underwhelming for me. At best, they are average velocity.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

agalindo
    Velocity is not the end all to measuring a bullets terminal performance.
    flintlock62 and MikeNice like this.

Quote Originally Posted by agalindo View Post
    Velocity is not the end all to measuring a bullets terminal performance.

Right! Velocity doesn't matter and size doesn't matter. I know, I have heard all the rationalizations and justifications people use. You can't revise the laws of physics.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

agalindo
    Actually size does matter. The bigger the hole the more damage and the more bleeding. Velocity in and of itself is not a good measure, it's what the bullet does with the velocity it has. 1. Expand 2. penetrate deep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links