Hornady ftx

Hornady ftx

This is a discussion on Hornady ftx within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for thoughts on the Hornady FTX 9mm 115gr round. What do you guys think of it? Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ShootingTheBull

Thread: Hornady ftx

Hornady ftx

Looking for thoughts on the Hornady FTX 9mm 115gr round. What do you guys think of it?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I use FTX bullets exclusively in .30-30 for hunting wild hogs, and I also carry them in my .44 Mag sidearm when I'm hunting. They are amazing bullets for hunting, but I have no experience with them for SD or in semiauto pistol calibers.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Great rds, all I can do is tell you my own experiences with hornady, after 40 + years of shooting most platforms an weapons any time you come up against a ammo sensitive weapon try hornady they have fed reliably in any weapon I have tried, which in MHO is half the battle.

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    I have only shot the Hornady Critical Defense...Critical Duty...and TAP. My gun feeds all of those without an issue.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

Quote Originally Posted by croony View Post
    Looking for thoughts on the Hornady FTX 9mm 115gr round. What do you guys think of it?
    From what type of pistol, and for what purpose? For law enforcement purposes, it's not recommended. For a short-barrel (3") concealed carry pistol, Critical Defense performs very well according to my tests.
    WrongRecroom likes this.

Cz p07 duty or Beretta nano . Everyday carry ammo self defense

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Good stuff in my book .. Most any gun will feed it ... And if you believe the hype the tip lessen the chance of the HP being clogged by clothing etc
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Links