True story....25auto....fail

This is a discussion on True story....25auto....fail within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Someone originally posted the breaking story in The Good The Bad The Ugly so you can read that if you wish. Here is an update ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: True story....25auto....fail

Someone originally posted the breaking story in The Good The Bad The Ugly so you can read that if you wish.

Here is an update to the story that released the weapon/caliber used in the shooting.
    Bus Driver Shooting Probed as Possible Hate Crime - ABC News

I don't need to go into detail, read it through and you'll make the same assessment as me.

.25 caliber semi auto pistol. Two shots to the chest. Both bullets stopped by a book of bible verses (I'm assuming soft cover?) approximately 1" thick.

Makes one think, had the book not been there would there have been life threatening injuries??

VIP Member
    The fact it was a .25 explains a lot about how the book stopped the bullets.
    flintlock62, StormRhydr and dV8r like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Jjxj View Post
    Someone originally posted the breaking story in The Good The Bad The Ugly so you can read that if you wish.

Here is an update to the story that released the weapon/caliber used in the shooting.
    Bus Driver Shooting Probed as Possible Hate Crime - ABC News

I don't need to go into detail, read it through and you'll make the same assessment as me.

.25 caliber semi auto pistol. Two shots to the chest. Both bullets stopped by a book of bible verses (I'm assuming soft cover?) approximately 1" thick.

Makes one think, had the book not been there would there have been life threatening injuries??
    That's why it's called "The Good Book."
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

The Bible can provide unmatched protection on all levels; physical, spiritual, emotional and mental. But I don't think I'm going to buy a dozen more, get some duct tape and make my own body armor with it.
    LeMat44 likes this.

He was shot 3 times. Twice in the chest and once in the leg. The one in the leg was deflected by his titanium him joint from what I understand. Thank God they were using a .25 auto. Those things are only slightly more lethal than BB guns.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackxpress View Post
    He was shot 3 times. Twice in the chest and once in the leg. The one in the leg was deflected by his titanium him joint from what I understand. Thank God they were using a .25 auto. Those things are only slightly more lethal than BB guns.
    I'll take my chances with a Benjamin 397. At a Full Monty of 8 pumps.
    OldVet likes this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

This may be the perfect opportunity that a budding entrepreneur is looking for- a new line of "Tactical Bibles".

Just think of it. They could be offered in various threat-levels, maybe different sizes...
    My favorite "gun" book-

QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    481 is hereby banned for life for creating a new product using the term "Tactical." Exit Stage Left!
    481, Taurahe, LimaCharlie and 2 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I would prefer an unabridged library stand size dictionary for stopping a bullet.
    msgt/ret and Kilowatt3 like this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Kevlar Bibles . . . Now we're talking.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by 481 View Post
    This may be the perfect opportunity that a budding entrepreneur is looking for- a new line of "Tactical Bibles".

Just think of it. They could be offered in various threat-levels, maybe different sizes...
    And most Bibles are already black. It's Perfect!
    481 likes this.

My guess is for underpowered ammo, and/or gun with a "loose" bore (not uncommon in Ravens, Lorcins, etc.). The 50 gr FMJ round exceeds 12" in gelatin testing, and is NOT the joke many people make it out to be.

...Thank God they were using a .25 auto. Those things are only slightly more lethal than BB guns.
    Anyone who really believes that has no business handling firearms.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Seriously though, while a .25 has never been accused of being a man stopper, I'm sure getting shot with one doesn't tickle. Had that shot to the leg hit the artery and not the replacement hip, it could have been a different outcome.
    Richard58 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyHunter View Post
    My guess is for underpowered ammo, and/or gun with a "loose" bore (not uncommon in Ravens, Lorcins, etc.). The 50 gr FMJ round exceeds 12" in gelatin testing, and is NOT the joke many people make it out to be.

You carry a 50 grain FMJ @ 760 fps and 64 ft./lbs. of muzzle energy round and I will carry a 230 gain JHP @ 920 fps and 432 ft./lbs. of muzzle energy round and we will both be happy.
    flintlock62 likes this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links