What is your experience with HPR ammo-Good/Bad?

This is a discussion on What is your experience with HPR ammo-Good/Bad? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just picked up a Sig P238 so in pursuit of .380 ammo I was not finding much at the big box stores. As good luck ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CURMUDGEON5

Thread: What is your experience with HPR ammo-Good/Bad?

Just picked up a Sig P238 so in pursuit of .380 ammo I was not finding much at the big box stores. As good luck would have it a local mom/pop hardware store had quite a bit and they were raving about HPR brand. I had never hear of it before but it is made in AZ and advertises a Hyper-Clean technology. Does anyone have any experience with it? I normally stick with a run of the mill Winchester or Remington. I haven't had a chance to fire it yet but after their sales pitch, and finding nothing elsewhere, I couldn't pass it by.

Yeah it is nice ammo .. Fired a bit ..Rounds are some of the shiniest brass I have seen.. They used hornday bullets for some loads.. I like the stuff so far seem very low smoke and pretty clean to me ...

also there was just a thread on there HP round HPR XTP / 'Hyper Clean'

I have not fired it a lot but I like it so far ...
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

I just recently fired 2 boxes of .45acp HPR and I agree with the above post. The first thing that struck me about the ammo was how very shiny it was.
    WrongRecroom likes this.

That was my first impression as well-very clean and polished rounds. If it fires and burns as clean as it looks I should be good to go. Just wanted to see if anyone had trouble with it. I may have to pick up that last box as the big box stores have nothing.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    It's good ammo.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Links