What is your experience with HPR ammo-Good/Bad?

This is a discussion on What is your experience with HPR ammo-Good/Bad? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just picked up a Sig P238 so in pursuit of .380 ammo I was not finding much at the big box stores. As good luck ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CURMUDGEON5

Thread: What is your experience with HPR ammo-Good/Bad?

What is your experience with HPR ammo-Good/Bad?

Just picked up a Sig P238 so in pursuit of .380 ammo I was not finding much at the big box stores. As good luck would have it a local mom/pop hardware store had quite a bit and they were raving about HPR brand. I had never hear of it before but it is made in AZ and advertises a Hyper-Clean technology. Does anyone have any experience with it? I normally stick with a run of the mill Winchester or Remington. I haven't had a chance to fire it yet but after their sales pitch, and finding nothing elsewhere, I couldn't pass it by.

2. Remove Ads

Yeah it is nice ammo .. Fired a bit ..Rounds are some of the shiniest brass I have seen.. They used hornday bullets for some loads.. I like the stuff so far seem very low smoke and pretty clean to me ...

also there was just a thread on there HP round HPR XTP / 'Hyper Clean'

I have not fired it a lot but I like it so far ...
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

I just recently fired 2 boxes of .45acp HPR and I agree with the above post. The first thing that struck me about the ammo was how very shiny it was.
    WrongRecroom likes this.

That was my first impression as well-very clean and polished rounds. If it fires and burns as clean as it looks I should be good to go. Just wanted to see if anyone had trouble with it. I may have to pick up that last box as the big box stores have nothing.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    It's good ammo.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Links