Wal-Mart Ammo

Wal-Mart Ammo

This is a discussion on Wal-Mart Ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I happened to visit Wal-Mart twice in the last two days. When I visit, the first thing I do is go to Sporting Goods and ...

Thread: Wal-Mart Ammo

Wal-Mart Ammo

I happened to visit Wal-Mart twice in the last two days. When I visit, the first thing I do is go to Sporting Goods and look for ammo.

Wal-Mart's shelves are now staying pretty much filled up with defensive handgun ammo. They had a wide variety of hollow points by Hornady, Federal, Winchester, and Remington in .380, 9mm, 40 S&W, 45 Auto. The kind woman that works in that department asked what I was looking for, and when I told her 22lr, she said she'll put two cases a week on the shelf and it sells out in less than a half-hour. She said 22lr is the only ammo that still has the three box limit.

The prices aren't too outrageous either. Some of the FMJ target ammo was 100 round box for around 27 bucks. Defensive hollow point is about what you'd pay on-line.

I stopped by WM today to get my new tires thrown on and while there I hit up the SG's section. This particular WM still had the 3 box limit for all ammo. No .22LR as expected and as usual tons of target and SD .40 and .45.

I grabbed 300 rounds of .45 WWB since I was expecting to be picking up my Remington R1 Enhanced today, but unfortunately, I got a call saying it won't be here until Monday.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

The WM closest to me has the 3 box limit on .22 only now. That said, 9mm is pretty scarce, as are .38 & .357. Everything else is pretty well stocked.

VIP Member
    Went to Wal-Mart today and picked up three boxes of 45ACP JHP the first they have had in many months. FMJ has been plentiful though.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

What I have found in store and online is about the only ammo for most calibers in stock is HP round 20 round boxs .. The 50-100-250 round plinker packs have not seen them in a long time ... In 40 and 45 more so but unless you hit the gun show or such I have not seen any..
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    If you have a Gander Mountain store nearby check them out for bulk ammo. The one nearest to me was loaded up a few days ago.

Gander Mountain around here are always way over priced no madder the supply. We have places like Fleet farm and few small LGS you just have to check in and see what is in.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    My Local Walmart now has a (1) one box limit on .22LR.....and ya have to wait in line for that. 9mm range ammo doesn't last long either.

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    Must be nice. The Wal Marts in my area barely have anything. Bare shelves.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

Walmart in my area (Middle TN), had been getting pretty full of most ammo, and staying that way. It would sit for a while.

Now the shelves are empty again. I think its because of people starting to get tax refunds, and recover from Xmas.

Here was Walmart was a little over a year ago -photo14_zpsba824c4b.jpg

Today -photo22_zps563921b5.jpg

Still No 22LR or its Gone in minutes .....GREEDY RESELLERS !

Distinguished Member
    Hit or miss anywhere in Salt Lake City. For 9mm at least. I picked up a couple boxes of 45 the other day in anticipation of getting something to shoot it with
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I don't normally look for ammo in WM but the local Bass Pro's shelves are about full. Last time I decided to buy .22s they had it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    Just got back from WW. Shelves are so bare a tumbleweed could blow by.........
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

Links