Say Goodbye to cheap Russian Ammo

Say Goodbye to cheap Russian Ammo

This is a discussion on Say Goodbye to cheap Russian Ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This thread is not meant to be a discussion regarding the merits of cheap Russian made ammo. With the unrest in Ukraine its looking like ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Say Goodbye to cheap Russian Ammo

Thumbs down Say Goodbye to cheap Russian Ammo

This thread is not meant to be a discussion regarding the merits of cheap Russian made ammo.

With the unrest in Ukraine its looking like a ban on Russian imported ammo is going to dry up. And, the ammo situation is about to get worse.

Sipsey Street Irregulars: Why even the most isolationist and unconcerned Fudd should care about the Ukraine -- Poof! There goes the Russian ammo supply.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Yep, more trash from Vanderboegh and his clones. That "Russian" ammo is also made in several other countries. i fully expect every round of 7.62X39 ammo in the state of OK to disappear off the shelves today. By Friday OK scalpers will be peddling the stuff for $20 per 20 round box.
    Hopyard, msgt/ret and mano3 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    Yep, more trash from Vanderboegh and his clones. That "Russian" ammo is also made in several other countries. i fully expect every round of 7.62X39 ammo in the state of OK to disappear off the shelves today. By Friday OK scalpers will be peddling the stuff for $20 per 20 round box.
    Heck, I'll sell you $1 rounds today! Why wait?
    oldman45 likes this.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Never use the stuff.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Id stock up on Ak spare parts, too.
    Aceoky and TheBigWanad like this.

Noooooo! Say it ain't so! Didn't even think about the effects on the cheap Russian junk. Be prepared for steel core steel cased Russian ammo to sell for equal or more than what Remington and Winchester make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me either, and I refuse to feed in to the BS hype.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    I have shot thousands of rounds over the years, but not one single round of "cheap Russian ammo".
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

IF you shoot an AK or SKS - they're made for the "cheap Russian ammo" if you don't then it probably won't have any real affect on ya
    TheBigWanad and mano3 like this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

My AK speaks perfect Russian. Never had a problem with it.
    SCXDm9 likes this.

I can't even figure out hhow many rounds I've put through both my .45 and my Car 14, but none of them have been from the Evil Empire.
    "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
    Samuel Colt did"

Won't be affecting me, sucks for those it will be though. A friend gave me some when he sold off his rifles and I ran it through my SKS over the course of a few range trips. I can't think of any other time I've used the ammo.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Just because you don’t shoot Russian ammo doesn’t mean banning importation will not affect you. The people who do buy it won’t stop shooting, they will buy the non-Russian stuff and in turn rise prices and lower availability for everyone.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Just because you don’t shoot Russian ammo doesn’t mean banning importation will not affect you. The people who do buy it won’t stop shooting, they will buy the non-Russian stuff and in turn rise prices and lower availability for everyone.
    agreed!
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Yea! The cheap Chinese stuff, that sends multiple fireballs wizzing down the range and makes your barrel look like you poured mud down it, is much better!
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links