No more TulAmmo?

This is a discussion on No more TulAmmo? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was just at a very popular gun shop here in Birmingham on my lunch. I was buying some 9mm ammo when I overheard two ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: No more TulAmmo?

No more TulAmmo?

I was just at a very popular gun shop here in Birmingham on my lunch. I was buying some 9mm ammo when I overheard two employees, who work the ammunition isles, talking. One of the employees asked the other how they were stocked on TulAmmo. The other replied that they had just gotten an order in that was waiting to be unpacked in the back. Then employee number 1 went on to say that he just recieved a call from their TulAmmo distributor, and the distributor's representative informed him that if he wanted to stock up on TulAmmo he should do so now because all ammo imports from Russia have been suspended, and they won't be able to get anymore.

Bummer.

I bought the last four hundred round cannisters of TulAmmo Brass from Walmart this morning for $24.98 each, so I guess I'll hit up the place I just came from later today after they get their order unpacked and get another 500-1000 rnds. At $10.00 for 50 rnds of the cheap, steel stuff, you can't beat it. And my SIG eats it like there's no tomorrow.
    StormRhydr likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Yep, it must be so. A gun store employee says so.

I'm not saying it's "so", I'm just passing on what I overheard between two employees - one of whom had, according to him, just gotten off the phone with the distributor.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Thanks Rob, I was just looking around trying to see what I could find. So far though, nothing from the AP on the major news outlets. The two guys talking didn't see me squatting down looking through their high-priced wadcutters, lol, so they thought their conversation was private. I don't tend to believe everything I hear, but when he said that his distributor said they won't be able to get anymore shipments from Russia it definitely got my attention. Sure, it could be a ploy to take advantage of the sanctions scare, but it could be the real deal too. I would much rather it be the former than the latter though.

Lotus222, tdave and airslot like this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

Fortunately, the price of brass cased .223/5.56 has been dropping to purchasable levels. If the $5 for 20rnd boxes of russian stuff dries up via panic buying or lack of importation, I hope the prices of the better stuff won't artificially inflate. At least most of the people who are stockpiling have been buying for the past year, now.
    Aceoky likes this.

This is just more $&*@ that we don't need.

recently looked at 7.62x54r M-N ammo.. always could be had for around $90-100 per 440 rds of surplus ammo..
    Just look now and most places are sold out... friggin panic buyers.. glad I have a spam can under the bed
    Sig 210 likes this.
    US Army Retired (2002)
    PAFOA.com, NAGR, USCCA, and NRA Life member

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
    unknown
    "Dare in Brocca" - Beretta

Last year Obama said he would move to stop the imports of foreign ammo supplies. I took him at his word.
    I am not sure this was just first plan. Just issuing an EO would have been much easier.

Distinguished Member
    When large numbers of people start to kill each other anywhere on the planet, ammo becomes scarce. It is the law of supply and demand.

Quote Originally Posted by herpjunkie View Post
    I was just at a very popular gun shop here in Birmingham on my lunch. I was buying some 9mm ammo when I overheard two employees, who work the ammunition isles, talking. One of the employees asked the other how they were stocked on TulAmmo. The other replied that they had just gotten an order in that was waiting to be unpacked in the back. Then employee number 1 went on to say that he just recieved a call from their TulAmmo distributor, and the distributor's representative informed him that if he wanted to stock up on TulAmmo he should do so now because all ammo imports from Russia have been suspended, and they won't be able to get anymore.

Bummer.

I bought the last four hundred round cannisters of TulAmmo Brass from Walmart this morning for $24.98 each, so I guess I'll hit up the place I just came from later today after they get their order unpacked and get another 500-1000 rnds. At $10.00 for 50 rnds of the cheap, steel stuff, you can't beat it. And my SIG eats it like there's no tomorrow.
    The brassmaxx stuff is made in Bosnian and Herzegovina

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    This has little to do with people killing one another on the planet. This, if true, is Putin flexing and showing that he doesn't care if we cut off Russia's exports. It may make some stuff a little more difficult to find, but since we are used to an ammo shortage at this point it won't seem like too big of a deal. Will likely keep prices higher for a little longer, but that's about it. Well, and if you shoot the cheap Russian stuff you're likely out of luck for a couple of years if this is true.

On the plus side, when the market opens back up the Russians are likely to have a stockpile of stuff they haven't been able to sell since we can't buy it- so it may come back cheaper than ever.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Man.

Do you folks realize YOU are the causes if these ammo shortages with your chicken-little pronouncements of doom?

Once again, Pogo is right...
    StripesDude and BurgerBoy like this.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Once again, Pogo is right...
    "We have met the enemy and he is us".
    airslot likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links