Walmart Reinstates 3 Box Limit On Everything

This is a discussion on Walmart Reinstates 3 Box Limit On Everything within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 3/11/14 Middle TN Local Walmart reinstates 3 box limit on ALL ammo. Info from employee was that it came from corporate. The old familiar sign ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Walmart Reinstates 3 Box Limit On Everything

3/11/14 Middle TN

Local Walmart reinstates 3 box limit on ALL ammo. Info from employee was that it came from corporate. The old familiar sign was back up.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Only on 22LR here, as of an hour ago.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CWOUSCG View Post
    Only on 22LR here, as of an hour ago.
    Well, as of less than an hour ago here, it was as I said on ALL ammo. They had 7 boxes of Tullammo 9mm come in. I had planned on buying them all, as I have some intensive training coming up in a month or so. I have to have 1,000 rounds when I show up.

I could only buy 3, like everyone else in the line that had formed, lol. It actually sort of became a society with its own rules. Not a bad time actually. I had my wife come in and buy another 3.

Everyone else wanted only two kinds of ammo; either .22 lr, or .22 mag I was the only one buying anything else.
    gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.

No such thing here as yet. Shelves are pretty will stocked with everything but 22 and they do get that also. But the flea market folks grab it as fast as it comes in and resell it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Not here so far except for 22's of course.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    We've had a 3 box limit for ages.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Three box limit? There ain't even three boxes on the shelf at the local WM. When will the madness end?
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    Well, as of less than an hour ago here, it was as I said on ALL ammo. They had 7 boxes of Tullammo 9mm come in. I had planned on buying them all, as I have some intensive training coming up in a month or so. I have to have 1,000 rounds when I show up.

I could only buy 3, like everyone else in the line that had formed, lol. It actually sort of became a society with its own rules. Not a bad time actually. I had my wife come in and buy another 3.

Everyone else wanted only two kinds of ammo; either .22 lr, or .22 mag I was the only one buying anything else.
    Wasn't doubting you, just reporting local conditions.

9mm is slim but 40 out the wazoo. 45 is there but not a lot. They have more 223 than I expected.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

The sign never came down at any of the local walmarts down here in florida but they have actually at least had a decent stock the last couple of months.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CWOUSCG View Post
    Wasn't doubting you, just reporting local conditions.

9mm is slim but 40 out the wazoo. 45 is there but not a lot. They have more 223 than I expected.
    Wow, your ammo run down just about exactly matches ours. 5.56 galore. Even a huge shelf of tullamo 7.62 that is just sitting there.

Very little 9mm here, though I have bought a bunch of it from them this week, lol.

Shortly after the line was done, I went to see what was left on the shelves. There was one shelf fuller than I have ever seen in a walmart, since sandy hook of federal .22 Lr. The only catch was that they were 50 round boxes, and there is a 3 box limit.
    gatorbait51 and Sambuh like this.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    look on armslist, there are some great deals on ammo, both commercial stuff and local reloaders. I rarely buy any from retailers. Do walmarts in MN even carry guns and ammo?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I wouldn't even consider going to Crap Mart for a lousy 150R of 22. Hunting for a reasonably close parking spot? forget about it. Spend 5 minutes walking all the way to the guns/ammo department just to have some pimple faced idiot
    tell me we don't have that. If I want aggravation......
    tdave likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

My Mom and my Aunt love to go shopping, so I take them to Walmart with me when I want to pick up some practice ammo. I buy my three boxes and then I sit in my car and smoke a cigar while they shop. It's a nice system for me, plus I get a big kick out of the guys face at Walmart when two 75 year old ladies ask for 45 cal Winchester White Box. :wink---Sturgis:
    AmmoFan01 and RickyD like this.
    S&W 64-4 38 cal
    S&W 640 38 cal
    Glock19 9mm
    S&W M&P 45C
    Mossberg 500
    NRA Member

The local store in AZ still only have a 3 box limit on 22LR, which they don't even have any of.

But they do have .50 BMG! I have to admit I never thought I would see the day that I could buy ammo for my .50 at Walmart!
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

The local WM has a good stock. The 3 box limit has been in effect here since the SH incident.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links