found .22 lr remington target ammo

This is a discussion on found .22 lr remington target ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In the past 6 months I have seen one box (well technically never laid eyes upon it but was in the store) of .22 ammo. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: found .22 lr remington target ammo

In the past 6 months I have seen one box (well technically never laid eyes upon it but was in the store) of .22 ammo.

Then, early this morning a trip to walmart revealed 9 boxes of .22 lr remington target ammo

I bought all I could. At 8.97 a box.

Now after reading reviews online about near 33% failure rate..
    I guess I should just be happy I got my hands on some.
    8.97 per 100 box.

Is this ammo good for rifles? Pistols?

Least chance of failure in a rifle or revolver. Some auto .22's can be ammo picky.

Distinguished Member
    I've actually been lucky and have been able find 22 ammo. I've gotten alot of the Remington target ammo and haven't had any trouble with it. I shoot a S&W 22A and it feeds pretty good. Out of every 100 rounds I may have 2 or 3 misfires but that's about it. You should do good with it.

Cabelas is having a door buster sale Saturday morning. When I was there last night I heard 2 employees talking about how much .22lr ammo they had in the back, the most they had seen in a LONG time. They were making predictions of how many people will be there and how fast the ammo with go.

Last night the local walmart got in 4 cases of rem 225 round packs (or something like that), of .22 Lr. Half of it was sold nearly instantly, but they had a 3 box limit, so half made it to the shelf.

I got the impression that that was the most .22 they had gotten in a long time.

Im glad to hear about the s&w as thats what I think im going to buy this weekend.
    Funny... I dont even own a .22 and never bothered to buy one untill I knew I could get some ammo to play with. Im excited!
    StormRhydr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasejax View Post
    Im glad to hear about the s&w as thats what I think im going to buy this weekend.
    Funny... I dont even own a .22 and never bothered to buy one untill I knew I could get some ammo to play with. Im excited!
    I think you are on the right track. I have an AR 15...and shoot it the vast majority of time in .22 Lr converted mode. I have fighting pistols, and shoot my S&W 22 (pistol), the most. I have a J frame snubby in 38 special, so shoot the J frame .22 the most.

Who can afford to burn through full bore ammo in these times?

Haha yeah no lie... I got my first gun december 2012, a glock 9mm. Didnt get to shoot it for a while.
    9mm has been pretty easy to get around me as of lately thankfully but it is expensive to go and shoot a couple hundred rounds.
    .380 is harder to fimd than 9 and out of probably 75 trips to walmart ive found some 4 or 5 times.

I have my glock 26, a S&W bodyguard .380 and a hipoint .380 which ive yet to even shoot. (Gift)

So im eager to get a decent .22 for playing and practicing.
    I have heard positive reviews on the S&W 22A and I love my bodyguard so im fairly certain thatll be my pick.

The thing about semi auto 22s is that some will fire any ammo ..Others will only fire one or two brands ... The watershead is mini mags from cci brass tips and tend to fire in most any gun out there .. But pricy

Have you look at the m&p 22lr ... I very much like the gun.. Easy to clean and them mag hold 12-15 rounds ... But I think the 22a is easy to scope mount ...

I maged to get a lot of 22lr minmags a while back so mostly shooting them
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Ex Member

A friend told me that a fight almost broke out at our local Walmart last week. I imagine that some folks got tired of the same couple of guys being first in line almost every day, knowing they were reselling it at a tidy profit.
    The chief end of man is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever (Westminster Shorter Catechism, 1647).

Haha thats ridiculous. How much money could they even be making? I doubt its more than a couple of bucks.

Folks were reselling 1000-round boxes of Winchester M-22 on Armslist for $100 after paying $50 at Walmart. I've wondered if those were part of the recall.
    The chief end of man is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever (Westminster Shorter Catechism, 1647).

Now after reading reviews online about near 33% failure rate..

Is this ammo good for rifles? Pistols?
    If by target ammo, you are referring to Golden Bullet HP 36-Grain; I have had very good results with this in my Ruger 22/45 Target Pistol. And also in my parents Browning Buck Mark Camper.

Haha thats ridiculous. How much money could they even be making? I doubt its more than a couple of bucks.
    Nope, guess again. At nearly every gun show since this time last year, I've seen bricks of bulk-pack .22 being sold for $75 or more. I wouldn't pay that much, but obviously enough others will.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links