Economical .308 boat tail source for .30-06 trigger time?

This is a discussion on Economical .308 boat tail source for .30-06 trigger time? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for your favorite/cheapest source for .308 boat tail bullets, nothing fancy or match grade, just want more .30-06 trigger time on my M1903....

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gasmitty

Thread: Economical .308 boat tail source for .30-06 trigger time?

Looking for your favorite/cheapest source for .308 boat tail bullets, nothing fancy or match grade, just want more .30-06 trigger time on my M1903.
    Home cooked always tastes better.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I've always had excellent ballistic and game-killing performance with Sierra 165 grain SPBTs in my Rem 700 ADL. Sub-inch 100 yard groups were common. The best source is where you can find them. The 168 grain Matchkings should perform well also.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    You might ck here Welcome to Bartlett Reloaders - Jeff Bartlett

I haven't dealt with this guy, but I do ck the site to see what is available. It's all mil-surplus brass & pulled bullets. He's had 30 cal in the past.

Here's another one Nosler Custom Competition Bullets 30 Cal (308 Diameter) 168 Grain
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

If you're shooting a 100-year old milsurp gun out to 100 or 200 yards, this might be heresy but I doubt you could measure the accuracy difference between a boat-tail bullet and a non-BT design. The latter are typically cheaper.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Links