Wally World .45 cap

Wally World .45 cap

This is a discussion on Wally World .45 cap within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Had to go to WM last evening. Stopped by the gun counter. Lo and behold they had several 250 rd. boxes of Remington .45 acp. ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By oldnfat
  • 1 Post By blitzburgh
  • 1 Post By zamboni

Thread: Wally World .45 cap

Distinguished Member

Smile Wally World .45 cap

Had to go to WM last evening. Stopped by the gun counter. Lo and behold they had several 250 rd. boxes of Remington .45 acp. Price was $112.00, about .45 cents per round. So I bought one. (My ammo allowance for two months) How does this compare with ammo prices in your area? I must have been there at just the right time, the ammo case is usually empty. Maybe things are getting a little better.
    Aceoky and molleur like this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    Had to go to WM last evening. Stopped by the gun counter. Lo and behold they had several 250 rd. boxes of Remington .45 acp. Price was $112.00, about .45 cents per round. So I bought one. (My ammo allowance for two months) How does this compare with ammo prices in your area? I must have been there at just the right time, the ammo case is usually empty. Maybe things are getting a little better.
    Same here in my local store, same price too.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

VIP Member
    I have never seen those in the local WM, but BP has them for the exact same price.

I have never seen that at my local Walmarts. I'm flying down to Clearwater, Florida this week and I plan on hitting all of the local gun shops and Wally Worlds while I'm there. Their prices and selections will be a lot better than here at home.---Sturgis
    S&W 64-4 38 cal
    S&W 640 38 cal
    Glock19 9mm
    S&W M&P 45C
    Mossberg 500
    NRA Member

They had at the Wally world in Sugar Land, TX a few boxes of 9mm, but i was looking at .40S&W the price seemed to be about $2.00 higher per 50 (WWB 180 Gr) then last month when i purchased some. They had Federal FMJ at a decent price but only had 5 boxes. They had a some SD JHP (Very few left) but they are between $28-30 per 20 rounds
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

I have found bulk packs ( 50-100 ) for 45 and 40 are pretty easy to find around here and on line ... 9/38/380 etc all hard to find local or for a decent price at least .. Right now all I am really seeing for 380 or 357 is expensive defensive loads not plinking ...

and that price is not too bad for that much imop at least right now ... 45 and 40s are good guns to have now I got to say ...
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

wally world is pretty even on costs. I think mine UMC .45 is like 115$
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    USMC 2009-2013 0341 Pfc-Cpl.
    OEF II 2 Pumps
    Escaped Californian
    My Blog http://renogunblog.blogspot.com/

Distinguished Member
    Got the same price here at WM. it's a couple of dollars higher than at the lgs but WM seems to get it more often.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    I have found bulk packs ( 50-100 ) for 45 and 40 are pretty easy to find around here and on line ... 9/38/380 etc all hard to find local or for a decent price at least .. Right now all I am really seeing for 380 or 357 is expensive defensive loads not plinking ...

and that price is not too bad for that much imop at least right now ... 45 and 40s are good guns to have now I got to say ...
    Same here except 38 are fairly common like the 40 and 45.

I exaggerate none, throughout this whole "shortage" I have always been able to find .45 (and .40 and all popular rifle cartridges besides .22LR) at Wal-Mart. I go there roughly four times a month and I can recall only 3 times total that they did not have .45 in stock. Every time I'm there, I buy the allowed limit of .45, usually three 250-round boxes for about the same price you mentioned per.

TBH, I'm surprised about that. I would have thought .45 is just as popular as 9MM and would have been just as rare, but nope. Fine by me, that's for sure!

Edit: I thought it was a little under $100 with tax, but I got the price confused with the 9mm 250 round boxes. $112 for 250rnds of .45 is the price here, too.
    Last edited by blitzburgh; March 23rd, 2014 at 01:47 PM. Reason: accuracy, again
    Aceoky likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    I have little use for Wal*Mart but I have to commend them on not gouging people on ammo. The OP's price was a few cents higher per round than I get from Natches but when you figure freight, especially on .45 buying local makes a lot of sense. Freight on three hundred rounds of .45 ACP 230gr from Chatttanooga TN to Berea KY was $18.59. That is just $5.00 dollars less than a 50-round box.

You just can't hardly afford to buy ammo on line unless you get some stellar deal. On the other hand, if you don't have a LGS On-line is the only option.

My Best!

D~
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Never seen the 250 round boxes in WM here, but the 100 round boxes run about $45.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Too rich for my blood. I'll wait for under $0.40 per round. That might not sound like much per round, but its $65-70 per case.

Patience grasshoppers. Let the supply overstock. Let these Gunbroker hoarders wives find their stockpile of ammo for guns they don't own, and scream for them to "get rid of that junk!

I'm already seeing entry level AR's going for under $700. Still MSRP for a slightly used gun (only tried to sight it in once), but the same rifle was $900 a year ago.

At WW just this past week saw 50 round boxes of stingers for $6.37, Federal 9mm fmj 50 round boxes for $13.97, 50 round boxes of Winchester 45 fmj $21.57, and 325 round tuna-cans of 22lr for $14.97

While traveling out of my area I’ve seen WW prices vary on ammo from $.15 to a $1.97 a box and $18. to $125. on firearms. Their prices do vary on everything they sell from area too area.

Just this past month at the LGShow prices were $12.80 for 50 round boxes of PMC 9mm fmj, $12.50 for 50cal ammo cans, $18.00 for 40 round Pmags & $9.50 for tan-flat dark earth 30 round Pmags, $21.00 for 25 round & $10. for 10 round Ruger 10/22 OEM mags, $185. for 500 rounds of Federal XM193, DDM4-V5 $1,275./OTD, and an Aimpoint PRO for $365., M4-2moa for $525. and a 3x magnifier for $580.

Only ammo that hasn’t comedown at the LGShow is 22lr. But Bass had Remington Thunderbolt 50 round boxes of for $2.49, 50 round boxes of stingers for $6.99, and 325 round tuna-cans of 22lr for $18.99 this past week and their a few cents too a buck or so higher then WW on their ammo. Cabela's isn't too bad on some prices but Gander is still way too high and I will not never ever never step foot inside dicks.

The nice part too about buying at the shows is 99.999% of the tables build the sales tax into their OTD prices too. So that $13. box of PMC 9mm + 6% sales tax $.78 = $13.78 would still be a good price though WW's $13.97 + 6% tax $.84 = $14.81 isn't bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    I'm already seeing entry level AR's going for under $700. Still MSRP for a slightly used gun (only tried to sight it in once), but the same rifle was $900 a year ago.
    More like entry level AR's were $2k a yr ago & are $500. now

Shop around I've seen Colts 6920's going for $1,000. & DD going for $1,275. OTD at the shows lately. My local WW had a Colt 6920 with a quad-rail for $1,067. about 5-wks ago. Same rifles were well over $2.5k a year ago if you could find one.
    Aceoky likes this.

Links