Tula brand 9mm ammo?

Tula brand 9mm ammo?

This is a discussion on Tula brand 9mm ammo? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anybody use this brand of 9mm ammo?If so whats your opinion??...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Tula brand 9mm ammo?

Tula brand 9mm ammo?

Anybody use this brand of 9mm ammo?If so whats your opinion??

VIP Member
    I have shot a few small boxes did not notice any issues.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

VIP Member
    No problems here.

I have ran it in 9mm and 45 and for target ammo it is fine. It runs a little dirty but no big deal.

I did read an article on some gun forum that the steel cases will eventually cause premature wear. I don't know.

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    My opinion is that it's gona get scarce fast if Putin invades THE Ukraine, and it may get scarce anyway. I think it's a little better than the Chinese stuff (fewer fireballs).

It's cheap, steel, Ruskie ammo that an AK will eat like it was filet mignon. It will probably taste like fried squirrel to anything that's a picky eater.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Dirty, but cheap. Just clean your gun afterward and you should be ok.
    My EDC: Springfield XDS
    My sometimes EDC: Colt XSE LW or G26

I have used their Brass Maxx. OK ammo, a little dirty.

Sent from my ME172V using Tapatalk

It works fine in my weapons but its dirty i wouldnt shoot more than 100-150 rounds of it at a time it might start to gunk up your gun.

Its cheap, and its good to go. Its steel cased, of course, and as such cant be reloaded.

I have some extensive training coming up next month, and need 1K rounds for the course. I bought all tula, even though I have good brass cased ammo on hand.

The reason I went with tula was that I wont be picking up my empties, and didnt want to waste 1,000 new brass hulls.

As re being dirty, and concerns about it fouling your weapon, in M&Ps, and Glocks, it works fine for high round counts between cleaning. If someones weapon is more delicate than that, perhaps they should get a new weapon.

I will be firing 500 rounds or so a day for two days, will probably clean after each days shooting, and thats all. Of course it will be lubed with high temp auto bearing grease, as it should be, before that.
    StripesDude and TVJ like this.

It is decent steel case Russian stuff .. Cheep and good for range work imop .. Some guns just dont like it but most handgun will handle it .. It should not be corrisve but it is smoker ..

Wolf and bear ammo is mostly russian too some Urkian .. Course way things are right now we might be seeing Russian ammo go the way of china com stuff cir 94 ....

I like it as it is cheep and can be picked up with a magnet ( big plus with shooting outdoors ) but as other said it is basicly immposible to reolad same as blazer alumina case .. So if you dont reload that and blazer metal case are great for cheep fun
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    The Tula brand is fine. After breaking an extractor on a 9mm, I no longer use steel case ammo in anything but an AK.

I think that anything that can be made in a foreign country, sold to distributors then sold to vendors then sold to the public for "cheap".. is probably not something I want to use in a 1k american made pistol especially if its steel cased. I use cheap foreign ammo in cheap foreign guns but thats just me. I have used tula rifle ammo in my AK variant and SKS without any problems at all and it seems like good ammo.
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

Junk ammo made for junk guns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I shoot their .40 stuff and haven't had any problems. It works and it's cheap.

Some people will tell you it might wear out your extractor faster than brass, but nobody really has proof of that.
    Walk softly ...

Distinguished Member
    I've shot it through my Kimber with no problems but my 9mm Taurus will not handle it well.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links