Turret press, what's the difference?

This is a discussion on Turret press, what's the difference? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Lyman, RCBS, Redding. What's the major differences in these three manufacturers turret presses?? Told myself no new guns until we get a reloading setup going ...

Thread: Turret press, what's the difference?

Lyman, RCBS, Redding. What's the major differences in these three manufacturers turret presses??
    Told myself no new guns until we get a reloading setup going and I have narrowed my choice of press style down to a manual turret press as opposed to a single stage or a progressive and now I'm stuck on manufacturers. After much internet/youtube research these three seem to be the top choices with what to me are very small differences as they all operate the same way and all look to be super sturdy equipment. So opinions please, is there something that makes one superior to the other two??
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

I went through the same thing. While all the presses you mentioned are quality I chose the Lyman t-mag because I could get extra turret heads for around 39 dollars on ebay if you keep your eyes open. This lets me keep all my dies in them an ready to go. Now I can change calibers by just changing one bolt. I have a head for every caliber I reload. I also got the press riser so
    I can keep whole press on table not hanging below blocking drawers. Plus I am tall easier for me to operate. Great press ca reload 150 to 200 a hour easily image.jpg

Thanks Easy. I to am leaning towards the Lyman simply based on cost because up to this point I can't really see too much of a difference between them all. Any problems with the primer seating?

I have been reloading for 60+ years. Recently decided I wanted a new press and considered a Dillon. Gave it a lot of thought and bought a new Lyman T mag 2. I am a happy camper now. I really didn't NEED a new press--just wanted one. Already have a few. The workhorse of the bunch is a P/W Metallic 2. Lord only knows how many shells have gone thru that thing with never a problem of any kind and it is still going strong. I believe I bought it back in the mid 1960's. I highly recommend you look onto it. A little pricey, but worth every dime and more.

Thanks for the reply Coffee I will look into it.

No problems at all most of the turrets use the same primer arm works great. Buy extra spring they dot break but if you drop it very hard to find I called bought 6 from lyman for 1.50 i recommend the lee dies they come with the case holders an you can get all four dies for 36 on ebay

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links