Need some helping locating .38 short-barrel Gold Dots...

This is a discussion on Need some helping locating .38 short-barrel Gold Dots... within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well it seems from all the research I have compiled, that there seems to be no better round for the .38 Special 1.875" barreled J-Frame ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JohnHancock

Thread: Need some helping locating .38 short-barrel Gold Dots...

Need some helping locating .38 short-barrel Gold Dots...

Well it seems from all the research I have compiled, that there seems to be no better round for the .38 Special 1.875" barreled J-Frame than the Speer Gold Dot 135gr. .38 Special + P Short Barrel.

Model# 23921.

The difficulty I have is that I have scrounged all the internet and local sources I can possibly come up with, and have been rewarded with zilch, nadda, nothing.

Surely some place on the earth I have yet to find actually has these in stock?

Any help here fellas'?

2. Remove Ads

I'm right there with you Foo, and all I can't tell you is that it ain't out there! It looks like all of the online testimonials, ballistics videos and the popularity of .38/.357 revolvers is making this the snubby go-to defense round. The shelves are bare as a result. I'm keeping an eye out at the local sports superstore as well as the out-of-the-way LGS. Maybe something will turn up soon?
    BigJ.56 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHancock View Post
    I'm right there with you Foo, and all I can't tell you is that it ain't out there! It looks like all of the online testimonials, ballistics videos and the popularity of .38/.357 revolvers is making this the snubby go-to defense round. The shelves are bare as a result. I'm keeping an eye out at the local sports superstore as well as the out-of-the-way LGS. Maybe something will turn up soon?
    Exact-a-tac-ly. I looked under every internet search engine rock for days. None to be found. Doing my due diligence, looks like Buffalo Bore is the next best option.

I just received yesterday three boxes of BB 158 gr. LSWHP (Item 20c). They are more accurate in my snubbies than the GD. Certainly worth a look.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Have you tried Remington's customer service ? I was looking for a specific rifle and tried everywhere, when I called Rem They told me that they have a pallet on their dock now ready to go to the distributor. They even called the distributor to make sure they weren't all ready sold! Now maybe I just got lucky, and all the stars were in alignment, But it worked for me. DR

Links