IMI samson ammo

IMI samson ammo

This is a discussion on IMI samson ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So someone please explain to me if 551J muzzle energy is +p or +p+. That just seem really hot to me...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LimaCharlie

Thread: IMI samson ammo

IMI samson ammo

So someone please explain to me if 551J muzzle energy is +p or +p+. That just seem really hot to me
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    So someone please explain to me if 551J muzzle energy is +p or +p+. That just seem really hot to me
    For what caliber???

551J = ~406 ft-lb, so it would be pretty middle-of-the-road for a 9mm, and weaker than a typical +P.

BTW, "+P" does not refer (directly) to the KE of the bullet, but rather to the peak pressure generated in the cartridge. For 9mm, NATO spec is about 5% below a SAAMI +P.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Its 9mm FMJ
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

If it is black tip .. Then for the love of god dont shoot it in a handgun ... That stuff was made for UZI and mp5s like the hirtenburg l1a1 rounds and some from Whichenster so +P++ rounds ... They tend to wreck handguns ( I know as I have a lot o l1a1 and no way I am shooting that handguns ) ..

I would post photos of if ... Some of the imi ammo is normal stuff and great ammo others well they were imported way back when for the UZI 9mm and 41ae and some of them are not handgun safe as I remember ...

Also if this is the stuff I am thinking of .. It is worth a bit of money so I would keep it 9mmCarb2.JPG this is ? If so that is rifle only dang near AP ammo ...
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

But if blue tip it is subsonice ... Red tip is tracers ... I think thouse might be Handgun safe .... But they again were made for Full auto open bolt guns so pretty hard primers ...

Now unpon futher reading it seems like if black tip it may be ok for handguns unlike l1a1 but I still would not shoot it due to the vaule of it .. Also best to make sure what it is pre shooting it cause there were some pretty hot imi loads International Ammunition Association {iaaforum.org} - View topic - IMI 9mm Carbine & Israeli Color Codes

I would ID it first pre shooting it in any handgun as it seems there were more then a few varitions of black tip out there ..
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

What Kilowatt3 said. I have a lot of IMI Samson ammo for my Desert Eagle 50 AE. It is very well made and reliable, but average for velocity and muzzle energy.
    Fizban likes this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

Sponsored Links