Federal Premium Law enf. 45 +P HST?

This is a discussion on Federal Premium Law enf. 45 +P HST? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone shot this stuff?If so how good was it and where can I find some data on this round....is it limited to police only?? ...

Has anyone shot this stuff?If so how good was it and where can I find some data on this round....is it limited to police only?? also I cant seem to find any data on the efmj 200 gr federals my buddy told me they only made the 165gr for the civilians>???thanks KJH

you can start here --- http://www.btfh.net/shoot/bullet-test-2.html i just picked some of it up from striechers.com. the article was convincing enough to want to run my own tests. i originally wanted ranger ts but had no luck finding them. if you google federal hst ballistics, i'm sure you'll grab somthing. good luck

Good stuff...

EFMJ is the best for restricted regions where HP are not allowed (I prefer the 200gr offering) -- check Ammoman.com...

Best leading edge ammunition is Cor-Bon's DPX line -- expensive, but worth it when YOU are it's benefactor...
    1911 Magazine Solution (7 for carry - 8 for fun).Use seven round magazines/flat follower with dimple, 11 lb magazines springs - PERIOD! Don't blame the 1911 platform if you have FtF, FtE, or anything else magazine related. THIS IS BROWNING'S DESIGN - YOU ARE WARNED! Avatar = KaBoom! G21

hst trials

i went to the range yesterday and test fired a box of the Federal HST 230 +P, through my kimber pro carry and kimber ultra.they seemed to be flawless. even though it was only 50 rounds, it fed well in both guns with better grouping than the Hornady TAP 230 +P that I had convinced my self to carry.Now i am leaning towards the HST for the grouping and lack of muzzle jump compared to the TAP.I know I need more practice with both to really make it more desirable!?hehe,and while I was ther I ran a box of Speer gold dot hollows for short barrels through my ultra.they were still a hot load!!! for a non +P ammo. they grouped similiar to the TAP but not as good as the HST.You guys done any of hte same?.....oh ( I kknow i should repost in a new thread but,while I was changeing between guns i noticed that with the pro carry you could feel the recoil spring in your hand,weird i know but i guess what I mean is the ultra would return to battery without feeling the recoil spring cycle the slide??) I will be purchasing a wilson combat gun here soon but htey are on back order..I want a tack driver and they seem to be it, I would settle for a new kimber since mine are from the first run of Kimbers when they came out.But I cant decide on a TLE pro size or TLE full size??? anyway I guess i am rambling on sorry,If you get a chance to give me your opinions it would be much appreciated!!! kjhabit Chesapeake VA

kjhabit
    if you want a tackdriver, look at a les baer with the 1.5" at 50yd accuracy guarantee. more gun for the money than a wilson.

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    I use the tactical +P 230 load or tactical +P 200 EFMJ in all my 1911s and they are extremely accurate. Availabilty is another issue. Used to get them from Streichers but there out and may not have them for six months. Just ordered a half case of each from Ammoman but now they are out of the HST also but they do have EFMJ. Load data is available at www.stoppingpower.net

Links