Extreme Shock Ammunition - Page 2

Extreme Shock Ammunition

This is a discussion on Extreme Shock Ammunition within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A .45 caliber projectile has a wound trauma cavity the entire diameter of the ballistic gelatin block, splitting the top and sides...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Shock Ammunition

A .45 caliber projectile has a wound trauma cavity the entire diameter of the ballistic gelatin block, splitting the top and sides
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

Cool

Rats,
    and all this time I've been worrying about placement, placement, and of course, ....placement. 'course, next time I'm ambushed by multiple blocks of ballistic gellatin, I'm gonna have a spare mag full of these things.

Dan
    Last edited by jdsumner; February 1st, 2005 at 07:19 PM.

FLM
    The latest in a long line of overpriced, overhyped magic bullet rounds. Anyone remember Rhino ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by APachon
    I would not want to chance it. But thanks for teh info, I was not aware of that.
    I have been telling this to people and arguing for many years it can't happen. Last year the “Myth Buster” TV show busted the myth.

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/my...pisode_04.html

SEASON 1

Episode 10: Explosive Decompression, Frog Giggin', Rear Axle
    Jamie and Adam get trigger-happy trying to shoot down myths regarding firearms. First, they fire a bullet into the shell of an aircraft to find out if a single shot can cause explosive decompression — and total aircraft destruction. Speaking of heavy artillery, they'll test the story of two hunters who claim to have used a loaded .22 caliber gun cartridge as a replacement fuse in a car's ignition. Will the experiment backfire? Finally, they take on a movie myth when they try to rip a car off its rear axle. What could possibly go wrong?

I carry Hydra-Shok ammo, I don’t trust any of the fancy hi tech stuff after I read this article about Magsafe a few years ago.

http://www.firearmstactical.com/tact...article432.htm
    Last edited by silvercorvette; February 1st, 2005 at 07:38 PM.

Silvercorvette, thanks for the link to the magsafe ammo. I carry Ranger and am looking to try out PMC Starfire. The magsafe failed miserably. Add a layer of denim and a t-shirt and I doubt the gelatin would be harmed.

~A

Quote Originally Posted by silvercorvette
    I have been telling this to people and arguing for many years it can't happen. Last year the “Myth Buster” TV show busted the myth.

I carry Hydra-Shok ammo, I don’t trust any of the fancy hi tech stuff after I read this article about Magsafe a few years ago.

http://www.firearmstactical.com/tact...article432.htm
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

Edmund Burke

Henry Ward Beecher

I didnt know the makers of counterstrike were making bullets now :comeandge

Administrator

QKShooter Weighs In On Extreme Shock

Well, I'm never too quick to slam a product into the ground just because its marketing department is over~zealous/over~enthusiastic.
    Bigger, better, stronger, faster, lighter, brighter, etc., etc. That is what sells BEST to most Americans these days. That is usually how all new, modern products get promoted.
    So...maybe Extreme Shock is Extremely Over~Marketed but, it still could be a highly effective cartridge for its intended purpose.
    Over marketing does not always equal under performance.
    So I wouldn't be too tough on the invented word/element "Ny Trillium." ~
    My computer is a Pentium & that particular word isn't in the dictionary either. What the heck is a Pentium?
    For instance I was very wary of the GLASER Safety Slug (way back when) it first arrived on the "magic bullet" scene but it is quite effective for its intended purpose. I tested it myself with $125.00 of my hard earned American dollars & I was happy enough with what I witnessed (first hand) to carry a full extra spare mag full of Glasers. I still do. It is ABSOLUTELY NONricochet & extremely reliable.
    You'll will have to check the following information out for yourself from GLASER (though I heard it on decently good authority) that no Bad Guy (to date) has ever survived ~ AKA "lived" after being hit with a C.O.M. Glaser Slug.
    So...the bottom line is that I would sure be willing to allow "Extreme Shock" to prove itself...without slamming it YET...as total nonsense right off the bat.
    I mean nobody ever thought that green bread mold could kill infection in the human body either & then "Viola!" then there was Penicillin.
    So...I could see how a bullet research company could concoct a special alloy or bullet material composition that would self fragment into explosive dust & they would hafta call it something.
    Due to the fast rotation of the bullet in flight & IF the projectile instantly fragmented into particles ~ those particles would still obviously be spiral directionally rotating & (I'm Guessing) could create an "in body" vortex effect at super high velocity. I'm willing to wait and see.
    Also don't forget...It's possible to have "10" different "high tech" bullets hit the market in a row that are ALL TOTAL BS but, ~ that does not mean that Bullet Number 11 will not be fantastic.
    They all need to be judged on their own merit and individual worth.
    Time Will Tell.
    Last edited by QKShooter; February 1st, 2005 at 08:18 PM.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

You right might be a good round with a overzelous marketer but for 85$ a box ill Stick to sxt or hydrashoks for a lot less.. now when the depleted uranimu(sp) rounds are avaible for carry im there dude

So we have our devil's advocate, thanks for bringing it back into perspective. I have seen frangibles fail miserably but I too am curious, if nothing else the pictures are interesting. That boar looks like a Damn Wookie, I bet Chewbacca is seriously pissed.

~A
    Fave Quotes

Edmund Burke

Henry Ward Beecher

Administrator

One Thought

I am ALWAYS very ricochet concerned.
    Maybe I'm OVER ricochet concerned.
    But ricochet is when we (as defensive shooters) LOSE TOTAL CONTROL over the "killing projectile" that WE put "out there" into the world.
    I live in a heavily populated area & a friend of mine had an Uncle (who owned a small Dry Cleaning Company) & he was killed during a robbery attempt (gone bad) by a ricocheted bullet that was originally intended for the sales clerk at the front counter. He was three rooms back in the store & it was a freak thing.
    It is a concern that we should all have.
    That is the main reason that I never carry .45 hardball.
    Just my personal opinion.

1952 - 2006

Defensive Carry Ammo

Personally I carry Federal 230 grain HydraShocks. In all the testing of ammo I have done for terminal ballistics performance they are the most reliable. They feed well in most any gun and are very consistent in their expansion. I have tested Cor-bon, Winchester Black Talon, SXT as well. My feeling is with a 45 is as long as you place the round in the center of mass and it does not over penetrate then you have all you need. Just an opinion guys but the 230 Hydrashock is the way to go. (Remember to always hurl the biggest hunk of lead you can in the bad guys direction.) Frangible ammo while impressive will only give the lawyers more ammo to fire at you over your intent to KILL the bad guy. As I say, just an opinion from someone who has been there for 30+ years.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

how are the frangibles viewed more lethal than say a Federal Hydra Shok or Ranger SXT or Black Talon or Golden Saber???

~A
    Fave Quotes

Edmund Burke

Henry Ward Beecher

1952 - 2006
    They are viewed by lawyers as more lethal because of the wound cavities they are designed to inflict. Their argument is the same for handloaded ammo, that you loaded this +P+ low yield tactical nuclear bullet just for killing your adversary rather than just to stop his aggressive behavior. We all know that if you shoot someone your purpose is not to kill and not wound. That is NOT what you want to say in a court of law, but that is the intent. IMHO.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Gotcha thanks for the insight. Learned something new. So I guess the adage that if the Police use it; it is ok for us lowly civilians is good thinking.
    Fave Quotes

Edmund Burke

Henry Ward Beecher

Administrator

Added Thought

One of the reasons I can tell already that this forum is going to be so doggone valuable to me is that many of you guys are "Out In It" Right Now & Today as Military, LEO, & instructors, and just all 'round brilliant gun people.
    You are extremely valuable sources of current & updated technique, product, firearm & ballistic information.
    My life has taken a slightly different direction these days & I am now looking forward to painting a little & getting back into sculpting.
    And...actually relaxing at home a bit!
    My days of buying slabs of pig ribs & "begging" large spoiled chunks of half rotten beef from the old Neville Island slaughterhouse ~ in order to test bullet penetration are over. Thank God!
    I still have my keen and never-ending love for fine firearms & ALWAYS interested in new bullet performance.
    So...I am "feeding off of" & learning from all you fine folks!
    Heck...I got Bumper & Nighthawk & others going to the Shot Show for me!
    I got the floor plan for the Shot Show right at my fingertips...Fantastic!
    Just wanted to mention that I sure do appreciate your knowledge & your very generous information sharing.
    And...I love reading it when you "mix it up" a little bit! You are all great!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links