Extreme Shock Ammunition

This is a discussion on Extreme Shock Ammunition within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone ever used any of this ammunition? We talked to one of the reps at the SHOT Show and picked up some of their material. ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Shock Ammunition

DC Founder

Extreme Shock Ammunition

Anyone ever used any of this ammunition? We talked to one of the reps at the SHOT Show and picked up some of their material. Their claim is that the wound channel is up to 200x the size of the projectile. It is a wicked looking round made of compressed Tungsten-NyTrilium Composite. I had never heard of it before....

Extreme Shock Website
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

2. Remove Ads

The sale price is listed at $83.64 I wonder what the regular price is? I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying that stuff till I ran a few boxes through my gun to see how it functioned. $80 is a small price to pay where your life is concerned but I need to have more proof before I spend that kind of money. I don’t hunt but I would love to see someone that does use this stuff and report back with the results. At these prices that is probably the only way we will get to see what this stuff does on real flesh and bone because I can’t see any departments running out to buy this stuff.

45ACP185FF50
    45ACP 185gr Tungsten-Nytrilium Fragmentable Explosive Entry Fang Face Round(Jacketed Hollow Point) - 1150fps - 50 Round Box $83.64SALE

Bummer no 230gr Ext Shock rds. I would not mind giving these a go. Bumper I talked to the guys&gals over at PMC about their El Dorado sTarfire round and that is what I am going to test next.
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

The Air Freedom rd does sound very promising for Air Marshalls.

This remarkable round is the terrorists worst nightmare. Under most circumstances, the AFR (Air Freedom Round) will not penetrate the skin of conventional aircraft, causing a decompression. It is also designed to not penetrate the aluminum backs of most airline seats, reducing potential collateral damage in the event of a shootout at 30,000 feet. Unlike rounds made of polymers that can generate lethal ricochet, the Extreme Shock AFR round will turn to harmless powder if it misses its intended target and hits a hard surface. It is the only round in the world with this level of performance and safety. This is also possibly the world's safest home defense round, as in most circumstances, it will fragment in standard 1 half-inch sheet rock wallboard. This bullet runs at plus-P type pressures, and should be used only in firearms of good construction and good working order.
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

Edmund Burke

Henry Ward Beecher

One shot through the skin of an aircraft will not cause any noticable decompression. It would most likley take a couple hundred rounds to do it. That whole decompression thing is a Hollywood myth.

I would not want to chance it. But thanks for teh info, I was not aware of that.
    Fave Quotes

Edmund Burke

Henry Ward Beecher

Lead Moderator
    I would worry about under pentration thru heavy clothes as well as controlled expansion/ wt . retention.

Membership Revoked Array clubsoda22's Avatar
    read their websight and you'll realize it just a mall ninja round designed to be purchaced by people who's ony gun experiance is playing counterstrike.

NyTrillium? It's a made up word. It's nitrile, a type of plastic. It's as high tech as a pair of exam gloves at the doctors office

It's just another prefragmented round with a lot of hype attached to it. Like all other pre-frags, i would expect poor penetration and overall lousy terminal ballistics.

nice info CLubsoda. Glad someone had knowledge on this topic and these rounds.

~A
    Fave Quotes

Edmund Burke

Henry Ward Beecher

Membership Revoked Array clubsoda22's Avatar
    I'm not even kidding, this is right off their websight:

"E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system."

first off, what the **** is a density mass.

Secondly, their expanding cone of death is no more than tiny bits of plastic.

Third, the only way to cause the CNS to collapse is to destroy it, which these limited penetration rounds will fail to do when fired in to an average size human. Your defensive ammo should penetrate deep enough, at any angle, to sever the spine. Buy a quality hollowpoint from a known manufacturer.

Finally, energy transfer does not equal stopping power. This is a dead school of thought.
    Last edited by clubsoda22; February 1st, 2005 at 02:48 PM.

so I guess we can chalk this up as snake oil???
    Fave Quotes

Edmund Burke

Henry Ward Beecher

Administrator

Just For The Forum Record

Here is the Guns Magazine full article on Extreme Shock Ammo.
    By The Way The first Extreme Shock you get hit with...is the price...
    Click Here To Get Shocked
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

The E-Shocks pistol caliber rounds entire energy is transferred in the first 5-9 inches of entry; effectively logamarithmically (what the hell does this word mean) delivering the full energy at twice the rate of the best hollow points. Compare it to having a karate expert pushing you with both hands or give you a bone-shattering punch to the face. While both may exert the same amount of total energy measured in foot-pounds, the rapid transfer of the punch is far more devastating. Where a conventional round leaves a one-hole trauma cavity. The Extreme Shock Explosive Entry Round leaves a shaped charge trauma cavity with hundreds of individual wounds channels, causing Central Nervous System catastrophic overload. In video taped field tests with angry 300 lb Russian Boars, a single.380 round will incapacitate and kill in a matter of seconds!. The 4501b Boar in the picture was taken with a single 9mm round. See our website or call for more information!
    Fave Quotes

Edmund Burke

Henry Ward Beecher

The 505 lb Boar in the picture was taken with a single 9mm round
    Fave Quotes

Edmund Burke

Henry Ward Beecher

A wound channel 200x the size of the entry projectile. A reduced velocity SRT round blows a 7" diameter cavity in ballistic clay.
    Fave Quotes

Edmund Burke

Henry Ward Beecher

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links