PDX1 Question

PDX1 Question

This is a discussion on PDX1 Question within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just noticed something about some PDX1 I have. I have 4 boxes of PDX1; all are marked S9MMPDB1. Two boxes are marked "Elite" and ...

Thread: PDX1 Question

PDX1 Question

I just noticed something about some PDX1 I have.

I have 4 boxes of PDX1; all are marked S9MMPDB1. Two boxes are marked "Elite" and two boxes are marked "Low Flash." All four boxes are 147gr and each pair were purchased at different times. I looked at Winchester's website and the only PDX1 they list is the S9MMPDB1, so my question is this; is there any difference in the four boxes of ammo I have? Winchester's website lists neither the "Elite" nor the "Low Flash."

Info appreciated.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Senior Member Array flintlock62's Avatar
    I would assume they are the same, but can't answer your question. Have you tried to email Winchester?

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Good question! A quick search showed boxes marked "Defender", "Bonded", and "Supreme Elite".

Marketing?

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock62 View Post
    I would assume they are the same, but can't answer your question. Have you tried to email Winchester?
    Nope, just found it last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    Good question! A quick search showed boxes marked "Defender", "Bonded", and "Supreme Elite".

Marketing?
    That's my thought. I would never have questioned it if they had just said "Elite." It's the "Low Flash" verbiage that made me wonder if there's a difference.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I have a box of PDX1 45 acp that is marked low flash... I have two boxes of 9mm that are marked Elite.... I dont really care, it shoots very well in my guns, is very accurate, and I trust it. Thats enough for me.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

The pdx is more reliable at expanding than the rangers in all calibers I've tested.. It's good ammo.

Sponsored Links