Defensive Carry banner

For the first time in nearly a year! 9mm at Walmart

2K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  multistage 
#1 ·
I went by the local Walmart for dog food tonight, and stopped by the ammo counter to talk to an old gent who works the sporting goods section. And I could not believe that they had about 20 boxes of Federal 9mm shoot'em up ammo for the first time in forever.

I didn't buy any of it, as the only thing I find the 9mm useful for is plinking or pest control, it was good to know that those who like it and use it can buy it now. The lack f it has never affected me in the least, but , hopefully it's a sign that handloading supply's like powder and other components will begin to fill some shelves so I can replenish for other things.

#2 ·
Plus one on powder coming back hopefully. The 9mm at wally world has been back in 100 rd value packs in Federal and Winchester for a couple of months around my area. It never did dry up totally but it got very off an on for a long time at WW.

Strangely enough 40 45 .357 and 38 werent nearly as scarce. 22 however is still like fining a gold nugget

#6 ·
Our Walmart seems to have figured out if they jack the price enough, the ammo won't fly off the shelves as quickly. That said, the Meijer store here has been able to keep WWB 9mm in stock for $26/100. Their .45 acp is $42/100, though. I pick up a couple boxes of 9mm whenever I am in the store.

#9 ·
Same thing here.
Yesterday I decided to see what 9mm ammo I could get at the local gun store; they had some defensive ammo (not what I wanted) and FMJ. Next stop was Wal-Mart, they had FMJ. I continually see people post how they wont buy a 45 GAP or 357 Sig because they don't see ammo locally. If I used the same restrictive criteria then I would be very limited even with mainstream calibers, ie.. lucky to get some FMJ.
Oh, IMO 9mm is useful for a pocket pistol, given that one is carrying another more powerful / larger caliber IWB. :wink:

#10 ·
I used to be picky about what brands I shoot. I used to only shoot Winchester, Federal, S&B, Fiocci and other major brands. Now that those are harder to find I pretty much shoot whatever I can get, and when I buy a couple boxes from walmart they don't have the bigger name brands in stock. Lately they have kept 9mm, .40sw, and .45acp in stock along with a few boxes of various rifle calibers including a bit of .223 and 5.56

#12 ·
Ammo to Go and SG Ammo have been a staple for me for the past several years.

Even with paying shipping I can usually get it for close to the same price the local independents are selling it for.

A little to late in life to start hand loading and I envy you boys who do.

I have a "pest control" G-19 however for my buddy Glockman 10mm here is a photo of my primary EDC (as he already knows): :image035:

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel
Monocular

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/produ...ed-hollow-point-ammo/cName/40-sw-hollow-point

Fiocchi is now made in America and can be had at a good price.

:urla9ub:

Reactions: G-man*
#14 ·
I have enjoyed seeing what is in stock and all the weird stuff that has pop up over the last few months in terms of brands ... Weird for me to see 25 and 44 mag in stock a lot .... 45 and 40 around here seem to be pretty easy to find and cheep .. 9 etc not so much .. 357 non HP rounds or any 22 though has been imposibale .. Neat to see Cabeals had 50 round of cci for 4 buck though ( but only one a day :( )

#15 ·
My local Walmart has had the 9mm Winchester white box 100's for $26.97 for quite sometime as well as my local BPS having that AND the Rem 100 round box for $27.97 and for quite some time, not just in 9mm but in just about all common calibers. Those are fine for my range trips. And BPS has had a nice selection of JHP's in multiple calibers also. I don't know what the big to-do has been lately. I've been passing up .22lr at BPS because my stock has surpassed what I'm comfortable with on-hand. You guyz need to get out more! LOL!

#17 ·
9 has been trickling in here since last November. 40 has always been readily available, 45 less so, but much more so than 9mm. 357 SIG is still under the "You gotta know a guy" status, and of course 22 and 380 are like Bigfoot. 38 is around off and on.

Compared to many other places, I cannot complain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.