Can not find 38 Special at stores

This is a discussion on Can not find 38 Special at stores within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Frustrated . Stores around me have tons of SW40 and 45ACP. No one has 38Special. Ended up ordering some on-line. Any explanations?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Can not find 38 Special at stores

Can not find 38 Special at stores

Frustrated . Stores around me have tons of SW40 and 45ACP.

No one has 38Special.

Ended up ordering some on-line. Any explanations?

2. Remove Ads

My guess companies focues on 9 and such at the expensive of 38 ... Also 38 is a populare round + more CC carries so more demand ..

You think that is hard try finding 357 bulk for plinking ...
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Are you looking in gun stores, or big-box stores? I think you're more likely to find .38s in the gun stores.

Also, try the on-line sources like Ammo to Go, Palmetto State Armory, and Streichers.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

In the last two months, I have been looking for .38 Spec, too. And I didnt find it either. Just one box in +P, which I didnt want.

I have a theory on whats going on; I think lots of people got spooked about the future of semi autos, and gave a second look to revolvers. Thus, making demand for that ammo go up.

Also of course, we have ALL decided that the ammo supply is no longer secure, so that we keep much more on hand than we ever used to.

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    In the last two months, I have been looking for .38 Spec, too. And I didnt find it either. Just one box in +P, which I didnt want.

I have a theory on whats going on; I think lots of people got spooked about the future of semi autos, and gave a second look to revolvers. Thus, making demand for that ammo go up.

Also of course, we have ALL decided that the ammo supply is no longer secure, so that we keep much more on hand than we ever used to.

Yep also factor in states doing mag ban .. Suddly 6 or 7 verus 10 is a lot more evenly match ... Esp in NY and CT where a lot of fomrla legal over 10 mags are not to carry anymore so to wheel guns they went ..

Also I would bet the recent court stuff in CA/HI might have something to do with it ...
    gatorbait51 and StormRhydr like this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Yep also factor in states doing mag ban .. Suddly 6 or 7 verus 10 is a lot more evenly match ... Esp in NY and CT where a lot of fomrla legal over 10 mags are not to carry anymore so to wheel guns they went ..

Also I would bet the recent court stuff in CA/HI might have something to do with it ...

Plus, Revolvers are Cool

I am looking for Cheap rounds for range practice. Not +p
    gatorbait51 likes this.

OO7
    I don't know why that is really because it's in my local shop plus they even have it at my local walmart
    gatorbait51 likes this.

are you opposed to ordering online?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

Gunbot or ammoseek your best option, might want to think about reloading
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I had to go to Bass Pro ( yuck) wally world has a fair ammount of
    9-45-40 i went to 2 ww and no 38
    gatorbait51 likes this.

.38's and 9mm scarce around here at Walmart, i think the pawnshop's are buying them up, pawnshops also sells guns and ammo..
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Ex Member
    Find 22LR Ammo in stock | WikiArms AmmoEngine - Live Ammo Inventory Tracker - 22LR Bulk Ammo

I bought 1K of the 3D .38 ammo from Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore. It is 148 gr DOUBLE wadcutter. It shot so well I bought another 1K. Tomorrow I will buy another.:):):) It is reman ammo and 99% in nickel cases. The case is marked 1990 and I understand it was practice ammo bought for the Detroit Police, it is marked Police Only. Many TONS, AND TONS, AND TONS turned up in a warehouse and it is going for $299 per thousand. It is mild, clean shooting, reliable, and accurate. Take it from someone that shoots a LOT of ammo ( 2000 rounds) every month.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    Find 22LR Ammo in stock | WikiArms AmmoEngine - Live Ammo Inventory Tracker - 22LR Bulk Ammo

I bought 1K of the 3D .38 ammo from Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore. It is 148 gr DOUBLE wadcutter. It shot so well I bought another 1K. Tomorrow I will buy another.:):):) It is reman ammo and 99% in nickel cases. The case is marked 1990 and I understand it was practice ammo bought for the Detroit Police, it is marked Police Only. Many TONS, AND TONS, AND TONS turned up in a warehouse and it is going for $299 per thousand. It is mild, clean shooting, reliable, and accurate. Take it from someone that shoots a LOT of ammo ( 2000 rounds) every month.

Now we know where all the .38 special went. (Drool)

Walmart has it here. SGAmmo is a good place online.

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinJohns View Post
    Frustrated . Stores around me have tons of SW40 and 45ACP.

No one has 38Special.

Ended up ordering some on-line. Any explanations?
    It has been "kinda" thin here, but it is showing up in some quantity as of the last couple of months. Sorry about your luck up there.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links