ZQ 5.56 ammo

This is a discussion on ZQ 5.56 ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Come in to a few 30 round boxes of this today. It looks like quality build, good brass and bullet , and made in Turkey. ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Rabbit212
  • 1 Post By glockman10mm
  • 1 Post By glockman10mm

Thread: ZQ 5.56 ammo

ZQ 5.56 ammo

Come in to a few 30 round boxes of this today. It looks like quality build, good brass and bullet , and made in Turkey.

Anyone know or have any experience with it ?
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

2. Remove Ads

No, I keep seeing it at Wal-Mart and keep hoping someone would give a review.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Same here. Watched a guy buy a 1000 round can at Wally World. Asked him what he knew about it. Said he had never heard of it before, but at the price was willing to risk it. Anxiously waiting to hear whether it is any good or not.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Life Member NRA
    2AF
    Maryland Shall Issue
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

I have never shot any of it (yet), but I'm seeing a lot of 5.56, 7.62x51, and 9mm in Wally world, usually outrageously priced.

I bought a couple of boxes of the 9mm on Friday, because I thought I was going to be going to the range before I went home and that's all they had, but I ended up not going. One thing that really surprised me was when I realized that NOWHERE on the box does it show a bullet weight! It does say that it meets NATO specs, and I'm kind of assuming that it's 124 gr., but have no way of knowing for sure, without pulling (or shooting) a bullet and weighing it. Could be anywhere from 108 to 128 gr.

Rumor has it that it's pretty good ammo, but I won't ordinarily pay what they're asking, for range ammo!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Lead Moderator
    Reviews I have read seem to have issues with failed primers. Second hand info , taken from a big AR site.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

All I know is that it's WAY over priced and the local Wally's are having a hard time moving it since they regularly get Tula, Winchester and even Federal is coming back.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    I have never shot any of it (yet), but I'm seeing a lot of 5.56, 7.62x51, and 9mm in Wally world, usually outrageously priced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit212 View Post
    All I know is that it's WAY over priced and the local Wally's are having a hard time moving it since they regularly get Tula, Winchester and even Federal is coming back.
    How much are you guys paying for 7.62 x 51 brass ammo?

The Walmarts here had the ZQ on sale through 4/1 for $14.97/box of 20 rounds. I bought a few boxes to try because all I can find at that price is steel cased, and I don't like to shoot steel. I have not had a chance to try it, so no review yet.

One thing that really surprised me was when I realized that NOWHERE on the box does it show a bullet weight!
    Same with the 7.62x51; I assume it's 150 gr FMJ.

+1 for grossly over priced. It just sits on the shelf around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sontag View Post
    How much are you guys paying for 7.62 x 51 brass ammo?

The Walmarts here had the ZQ on sale through 4/1 for $14.97/box of 20 rounds. I bought a few boxes to try because all I can find at that price is steel cased, and I don't like to shoot steel. I have not had a chance to try it, so no review yet...
    I've been paying about $13/box for PPU, Federal AE, or PMC. The ZQ1 I've seen was almost twice that - something like $24.97.

If they had it here for $15, I'd be buying some now & then.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Well here it's priced at 13 bucks for a 30 round box. Seems like the rest of you are getting hosed.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    One thing that really surprised me was when I realized that NOWHERE on the box does it show a bullet weight!
    That would make it useless for me! I kinda would like to know what weight bullet I am sending down range.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Well here it's priced at 13 bucks for a 30 round box. Seems like the rest of you are getting hosed.
    That's for 7.62x51??? That IS a deal!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

That's for 7.62x51??? That IS a deal!
    No, it 5.56. But 30 rounds for 13 bucks isn't too bad, considering.
    Aceoky likes this.

Links