Defensive Carry banner

22lr

3K views 30 replies 23 participants last post by  Guns and more 
#1 ·
Unexpectedly and out of the blue I scored four 500 rd boxes of 22lr. Feel so good about it I just had to share.

#7 ·
Nice score. I could use a little of that kind of serendipity!

I've reworked three .22 rifles over the past couple of months and now that it's show time, the only ammo I have on hand is bottom-of-the-barrel stuff.

#9 ·
$25 a brick is a good price. Before Christmas one of the chains (I think it was Dunhams) was selling them for $80 each - and people were buying as they sold out quickly.

I haven't had much luck finding any, either. I good friend of mine bought a .22 rifle for his son at Christmas and couldn't find ammo so I gave him 300 rounds. I had two bricks and still have some handy, but the kids will want to go shooting more now that it is warm and that will go quickly. I'll cross my fingers and keep looking.

#11 ·
Arejay.....care to share with a fellow Oregonian where you SCORED!
Good for you!

#12 ·
That's a really good score. Around here, every place that has it wants to charge $5 for a box of 50!! I refuse to buy it at that gouged-up price. I did a quick count of mine at home and I have a little over 3000 rounds, LR, Stingers, Shorts and Subsonic. Maybe if it sits on their shelves long enough, the price will become more reasonable. Man, I remember those 50-round little boxes priced at under 1 DOLLAR!! I know, I just showed my age..../:)

#14 ·
I can't believe that the LGShow tables are still asking so much for 22's. When I find it for no more then $.06 a round for 22lr and I see stingers at Cabela's for $6.59 Bass for $6.68 and WW for $6.19 for 50-round boxes I'll but some. Then we all go plunking 2-liter pop bottles out back.

#16 ·
.22LR is the only thing that seems to have actually gotten worse over the last year. Everything else is pretty much back to pre-Sandy Hook levels but .22LR is still extraordinarily scarce, maybe worse than it was this time last year. Luckily I have enough on hand to last me a few years.

#21 ·
I believe they have started making them out of unobtainium instead of lead and brass. None to be found around here.
unobtainium > That’s what Lex Luthor used to fed off Super Man

Yeah, Wolf Match Target is like finding chicken lips, eel knees & the Tooth Fairy.
People Pink Event Fun Smile

the tooth fairy

Chicken Rooster Bird Comb Beak

chicken lips

Costume

eel knees

now show me the 22lr ammo

#23 ·
Not sure I understand the concern about price. It doesn't matter what the cost of a box of 50 .22LR was 10 years ago. Doesn't matter what the price was 100 years ago.

I'm sure that way back in some halcyon period you could buy 1000 rounds for $1. That's great. Nice to know.

The thing is, without ammo, your gun is nothing but a paperweight.

My policy is nothing less than 1,000 rounds of ammo for every gun you have. More is better, but nothing less. If you shoot a box of 50, buy 100 the same day. Always increase. So whatever .22RL costs, if you find CCI Stingers or equivalent, buy them.

#26 ·
I finally broke down and bought a 525 round brick of .22lr at a criminally inflated price. :blackeye:

#30 ·
It's been popping up around here from time to time.

Here was a couple weeks ago;

View attachment 89699
There are sixty two thousand seven hundred fifteen rounds of 22 in that photo.

Since it is WWB you KNOW you can trust it as good ammo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.