Defensive Carry banner

is 9mm the new 22lr?

4K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  1 old 0311 
#1 ·
9mm is my favorite cartridge, I have noticed the price has dropped alot in my area - I'm now watching 100 rounds packs sell for $22. Thats about the same price per round compared to premium CCI 22lr.

#3 ·
Right before obama was elected THE FIRST TIME, I was buying brass cased 9mm for $6.00 a box (of 50), in bulk, online. Of course I looked for sale prices, and free shipping, or an ammo box thrown in for good measure, lol.

For .22 LR, at about the same time, it was $12-$18 for a bulk pack of 500. Unless .22s were to vanish for good, I dont see them being replaced.

Of course, if you have none of either ammo on hand, and find 9mm on the shelf, and no .22s, sure, you will shoot the 9mm.

#6 ·
The Tula Brass Max in a can (100 rds) is about $23 here at Wally World.

Reactions: gatorbait51
#7 ·
I already had a ton of 9MM before obummer was elected the first time, so I bought 2000 rounds of Winchester Ranger T in 9MM. I also had a lot of Remington in 357Mag, and Cor-Bon in 9, 40 and 45. Had been buying over the years (1995-2008) components to reload with and am flush with all. Sorry so many did not read the smoke signals ahead of time. There is no ammo shortage at my place.

#14 ·
I'm not convinced. I currently get 1400 rounds of bulk .22 for $70, which translates into $.05/rd. I can't find 9mm for under $.25/rd. Even when ammo flowed like milk and honey, I couldn't find 9mm for under $.20/rd.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.