5.56 <.40/rd at closing time

This is a discussion on 5.56 <.40/rd at closing time within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just picked up 450 rounds of fed xm193 on stripper clips for $175. <39 cents per round.. 10 minutes from closing at LGS and there ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By glockman10mm

Thread: 5.56 <.40/rd at closing time

5.56 <.40/rd at closing time

Just picked up 450 rounds of fed xm193 on stripper clips for $175. <39 cents per round.. 10 minutes from closing at LGS and there were another 10+ boxes in the stack still!

…and though the .22LR was nearly gone, there were a few 50rd boxes left - but at 4.5c/rd I passed.

2. Remove Ads

Yeah, they can kiss my grits on rimfire ammo. I'll buy be a damn 22 Hornet and handload them to what I need before I pay a BS price for a shooting gallery cartridge.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    I finally broke down and bought 7.62x39 a couple months ago @ $0.20/round. I just recently bought M855 for $0.35/round and m193 remanufactured for $0.29. Not great, but probably the new norm. Im going to keep shooting my .22 stock before i pay these prices. Let the shelf stock sit around a bit before you buy.

yuuup....556 latly has been $7.50/$.375 a round for 20/round boxes of XM193 and a little less for a bulk buy at the LGShows but 22lr is still being gouged.

I for one wouldn't pay any more then $.06 a round for 22lr and with the state of 22lr ammo our scout troop has been using other calibers to fulfill merit badge requirements. We've given our parents a list of what calibers to look for and up to how much we will reimburse them for if they buy any ammo for our scouts to use at the range. At first some complained that we wouldn't reimburse them for the full-price of their paid receipt despite giving them a list of calibers and maximum reimbursement cost. So we reexplained to them at a meeting how there's an over priced ammo-gouge in effect and had current WW receipts and visited websites like DC to demonstrate our proof. Yet I'm still flabbergasted at how some still are willing too pay exorbitant prices over what we'll reimburse them for of what they are willing to pay.

Links