Defensive Carry banner

Smokin' Hot Deal on .22 WMR!!!

2K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  NONAME762 
#1 ·
I'm not usually one to rag on vendors over "price gouging"; I strongly believe that anyone who has a product that's in demand has the right to ask whatever they want for it, BUT...

A sale flyer from CTD that I received yesterday gave me the rare opportunity to buy .22WMR (Maxi-Mags) at only $.80 per round!

Yes, for only twice the price of 5.56 range ammo, and only $.20 more per round than I've been paying for 7.62x51, I can buy .22 MAGNUMS!!! Better stock up while we can, guys!!! :rolleyes:

#4 ·
I was at Dick's Sporting goods last weekend when I saw a stack of .22 ammo and couldn't believe my luck. Until I asked the sales guy how much and he said $9.99 for a box of 50. I laughed and said "you're kidding, right?" and he said "well, they are high velocity". Needless to say, I kept walking.

#5 ·
It's amazing that just lately, all the cheapass .22 ammo that I've seen in the stores has magically become, "High Velocity", "Match Grade", "Special Production", or some other nonsense to justify the obscene prices. I never knew anyone who thought Aguila was a super "Premium" brand, and had never heard a Yellow Jacket called "Match Grade" until a few weeks ago! :blink:

Reactions: airslot and G-man*
#10 ·
I saw that price (maybe on Ammoseek?), and just flat didn't believe it. Figured it HAD to be a typo -- until I got on the CTD website and saw that it was really real!!! :blink:

#9 ·
I just buy it online from Bass Pro and pick it up at the store. Last order I got was $13 for a box of 50.

CTD, yeah, well I don't have a rear end big enough for them to pucker up to...... :blink:

#12 ·
I just buy it online from Bass Pro and pick it up at the store. Last order I got was $13 for a box of 50...
How do you do that?

When I get on the Bass Pro site, all the ammo shows, "Only Available in Stores", with no option to buy online. Am I missing something?

#11 ·
The last I found was at BassPro. 500 rds in small ammo can for 99.00. That was at least 6 mo ago. Should have bought two.

#14 ·
Why the price-complaining?

This is just capitalism in action. If you need .22LR to top off your giuns and mags, you can do that pretty cheap.

If you want to stockpile 10,000 rounds, you're going to be complaining. So fair I've got about 2,500 rounds, so a quarter of the way there.

#15 ·
Why the price-complaining?
Because at those prices, an afternoon plinking with my .22 Mags would set me back several hundred bucks.

This is just capitalism in action. If you need .22LR to top off your giuns and mags, you can do that pretty cheap.
If you read carefully, you'll see the thread is about .22 WMR, not .22LR. And around here, you can [/I]not do that "pretty cheap." You can't do it at all.

I agree it's just "capitalism in action". That's why I said, "I strongly believe that anyone who has a product that's in demand has the right to ask whatever they want for it". I'm not sure what "top off your guns and mags" means. I buy ammo to shoot, not to "top off" my guns and mags.

If you want to stockpile 10,000 rounds, you're going to be complaining. So fair I've got about 2,500 rounds, so a quarter of the way there.
As far as stockpiling .22LR, I got in before the rush. Way before. Much of my "stockpile" still has the price tags on the boxes - $7.97 a brick. :hand56:

Reactions: NONAME762
#16 ·
Dick's and CTD both could fall down a black hole tomorrow and I would rejoice.

Reactions: Blue Thunder
#17 ·
I guess my 5 Bricks are still good since 1997. All fire the first time vs the stories I have read about FTF of almost everything out there on the market. Gotta love the small sharp blast/boom!

#19 ·
The worst 22 ammo (F2F) I ever bought was Remington. If the rounds were round nosed they'd probably work just fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.