Smokin' Hot Deal on .22 WMR!!!

This is a discussion on Smokin' Hot Deal on .22 WMR!!! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm not usually one to rag on vendors over "price gouging"; I strongly believe that anyone who has a product that's in demand has the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Smokin' Hot Deal on .22 WMR!!!

Smokin' Hot Deal on .22 WMR!!!

I'm not usually one to rag on vendors over "price gouging"; I strongly believe that anyone who has a product that's in demand has the right to ask whatever they want for it, BUT...

A sale flyer from CTD that I received yesterday gave me the rare opportunity to buy .22WMR (Maxi-Mags) at only $.80 per round!

Yes, for only twice the price of 5.56 range ammo, and only $.20 more per round than I've been paying for 7.62x51, I can buy .22 MAGNUMS!!! Better stock up while we can, guys!!!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#0002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

2. Remove Ads

They can stick 'em where the sun don't shine.
    Bad Bob, NH_Esau and scgunlover1 like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Sarcasm? What sarcasm?
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

I was at Dick's Sporting goods last weekend when I saw a stack of .22 ammo and couldn't believe my luck. Until I asked the sales guy how much and he said $9.99 for a box of 50. I laughed and said "you're kidding, right?" and he said "well, they are high velocity". Needless to say, I kept walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvito View Post
    I was at Dick's Sporting goods last weekend when I saw a stack of .22 ammo and couldn't believe my luck. Until I asked the sales guy how much and he said $9.99 for a box of 50. I laughed and said "you're kidding, right?" and he said "well, they are high velocity". Needless to say, I kept walking.
    It's amazing that just lately, all the cheapass .22 ammo that I've seen in the stores has magically become, "High Velocity", "Match Grade", "Special Production", or some other nonsense to justify the obscene prices. I never knew anyone who thought Aguila was a super "Premium" brand, and had never heard a Yellow Jacket called "Match Grade" until a few weeks ago!
    glockman10mm and airslot like this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Senior Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    40 bucks for 50?.....they can kiss off.....
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government--lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry

USCG Veteran
    NRA Life Member

Freakin rediculous.

Same people who were selling PMC Starfire last year during the Great Ammo Shortage Of 2013 for a meager $93 for a box of 20
    Tactical Senior Junior Instructor Of Advanced Tactics
    The Gecko45 Tactical Academy of Tactically Stealth Tactics And Tactical Bad-Assery

VIP Member
    I just buy it online from Bass Pro and pick it up at the store. Last order I got was $13 for a box of 50.

CTD, yeah, well I don't have a rear end big enough for them to pucker up to......

Quote Originally Posted by Hatrix View Post
    Same people who were selling PMC Starfire last year during the Great Ammo Shortage Of 2013 for a meager $93 for a box of 20
    I saw that price (maybe on Ammoseek?), and just flat didn't believe it. Figured it HAD to be a typo -- until I got on the CTD website and saw that it was really real!!!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    The last I found was at BassPro. 500 rds in small ammo can for 99.00. That was at least 6 mo ago. Should have bought two.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    I just buy it online from Bass Pro and pick it up at the store. Last order I got was $13 for a box of 50...
    How do you do that?

When I get on the Bass Pro site, all the ammo shows, "Only Available in Stores", with no option to buy online. Am I missing something?
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

Price gouging, but that's what the government wants...can't control the guns do something to effect the price of bullets...
    Doesn't matter if you win or lose, as long as you win.

Why the price-complaining?

This is just capitalism in action. If you need .22LR to top off your giuns and mags, you can do that pretty cheap.

If you want to stockpile 10,000 rounds, you're going to be complaining. So fair I've got about 2,500 rounds, so a quarter of the way there.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    Why the price-complaining?
    Because at those prices, an afternoon plinking with my .22 Mags would set me back several hundred bucks.

This is just capitalism in action. If you need .22LR to top off your giuns and mags, you can do that pretty cheap.
    If you read carefully, you'll see the thread is about .22 WMR, not .22LR. And around here, you can [/I]not[I] do that "pretty cheap." You can't do it at all.

I agree it's just "capitalism in action". That's why I said, "I strongly believe that anyone who has a product that's in demand has the right to ask whatever they want for it". I'm not sure what "top off your guns and mags" means. I buy ammo to shoot, not to "top off" my guns and mags.

If you want to stockpile 10,000 rounds, you're going to be complaining. So fair I've got about 2,500 rounds, so a quarter of the way there.
    As far as stockpiling .22LR, I got in before the rush. Way before. Much of my "stockpile" still has the price tags on the boxes - $7.97 a brick.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links