Anyone use Perfecta ammunition?

This is a discussion on Anyone use Perfecta ammunition? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was at the local Wally Word and they had Perfecta 380 for, I think, $14/box of 50. I picked up a box but was ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Ianthin
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 1 Post By coffeecup
  • 1 Post By CCinaG26
  • 1 Post By Cuda66

Thread: Anyone use Perfecta ammunition?

I was at the local Wally Word and they had Perfecta 380 for, I think, $14/box of 50. I picked up a box but was wondering if anyone here has used it before? The 380 is 95 grain fmj, brass case, non-corrosive boxer primed, and made in Italy. They look decent with the fmj almost the same color as the brass case.

As I am looking over the box for this post I find on the back: Distributed by: TULAMMO USA.

Darn, I was hoping this might be a decent/cheap range ammo.

If anyone has any experience I would still like to hear how it worked.

Thanks,
    Mark

Distinguished Member
    Every Tula round I've owned went bang. Steel or brass, 9mm or .45. Was very dirty, but with the availability of .380, I'd have bought all I could. Shoot the heck out of that stuff.
    BayouBoy and Ghost1958 like this.

Look at wolf gold too .. It is made for the Tawian militray... A lot of these company may just be the imported etc for the stuff or the seller nothing more

Brass case is good to go in my box

Heck all but one of my 380s is just fine with wolf/sliver bear etc

New 9mm Ammo at Walmart - SIG Talk

10-1 this is just repack Fioche etc ammo for a cheeper price Perfecta ammo at Walmart
    You cant bet 15 box for brass case 380 right now .. Heck steel case is 22 a box

I would have gotten it .. Heck I dont mind tula I kind of like wolf a bit more but I have never had a issues maybe a smidge more dirty but heck I shot PMC 38 that was like firing a smoke stick so ...

As I said a lot of ammo compaines may just be imported or packing the stuff but a big name maker will be making it .. Ie Wolf gold is not made here .. Herters is Tula

A lot of big chain stores ( wall mart etc) may have there own house ammo that is just repack or renamed major brand ...
    That is a very good price even if steel case I would have bough a lot
    StormRhydr likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

To be frank the russika stuff is some of the last cheep range ammo .. Unless you have some fancy match gun or know it dont like it buy some and try ... Heck if they cut off import from there it could be worth somthing ...
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    I am a really cheap S.O.B.---I "roll my own" and use mostly cast bullets made from salvaged wheel weights. If you don count time my ammo is VERY inexpensive.
    StormRhydr likes this.

I can't vouch for how truthful it is, but I saw a YouTube video claiming the Perfecta ammo at Walmart is in made in Italy by Fiocchi, but imported to the U.S. by Tulammo. That might make sense, especially if the box says it is made in Italy?

I haven't tried it yet but the box does say made in Italy. There is none left on the selves at the store so someone must be using it.

I have shot about 1000 rounds of just that stuff in 9mm out of my g19. Good cheap range ammo.
    StormRhydr likes this.

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    Just bought a box today to try. We'll see.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    To be frank the russika stuff is some of the last cheep range ammo .. Unless you have some fancy match gun or know it dont like it buy some and try ... Heck if they cut off import from there it could be worth somthing ...
    Except Wolf Gold isn't Russian; it's Yugo (Serb or Croat, forget which), imported under the Wolf name.

I believe the Perfecta is similar--not Russian, but just imported by them.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

I've been shooting Perfecta 9mm for the last couple of weeks. Box says made in Italy and distributed by Tulaammo. It's been good range ammo for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Darn, I just got back from Wally's where had picked up 1 box of perfecta 9mm for $13.97 +tax. I thought I'd try it out first before stocking up for Centerfire Bullseye. I wish I had seen this thread before going out - I would have bought more based on everyone's positives. Great price and 9mm has been hard to find at decent pricing.
    Carpe Diem
    "Winter Is Coming"

Links