Freedom Munitions - Good Ammo ??

This is a discussion on Freedom Munitions - Good Ammo ?? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Freedom Munitions is have a free shipping sale this Memorial Day weekend. I have never used Freedom Munitions ammo. They sell 9mm 115Gr FMJ New ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freedom Munitions - Good Ammo ??

Freedom Munitions - Good Ammo ??

Freedom Munitions is have a free shipping sale this Memorial Day weekend. I have never used Freedom Munitions ammo.

They sell 9mm 115Gr FMJ New and Re-manufactured. The Re-manufactured is a little cheaper than the new.

Does anyone have experience with their ammo? Any advice or thoughts?

Thanks.
    Train Hard - Be Safe

2. Remove Ads

I have neve used them but they have been highly recommended by the people I took my CHL class from. Plus in Houston they have a store.
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

I have heard they are okay from folks who know their ammo.
    I'd use it for range ammo.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

I bought 500 rounds of 124gr 9mm from them a little while back, even with shipping it was a reasonable price. Ran just fine in the Nano, and I've ordered more since then. Not bad range ammo at all, especially since the Nano plays nicer with >115gr rounds. Runs cleaner than WWB too.

I have ordered from them several times, last was 500 rds of reman 115 gr FMJ.
    No issues with it at all. Full size to subcompact ate it up.
    A good company to do business with.

Shot a few hundred new 9mm through my Glock 19 and M&P Shield with no issues. Shot about 200 reman 45 ACP through my Hi Point with no issues as well. I will definitely buy from them again. Only problem I've seen is the plastic that holds the rounds, seems very brittle and are usually broken on the edges.

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    Never gave them any thought. I may have to give them a try one of these days, especially for target shooting. I've always relied on Win, Rem, and Fed for plinking and SD.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

I have used them on a few occasions with no problems. Up until now. I ordered 1000 rounds of 38's from them on the 8th and have not heard a peep from them since. When I go to their web site to check on it , it just says processing and nothing else. I did have a few problems with some 223's I got from them. Some of the rounds had primers come out when shot.

Distinguished Member
    I've shot quite a bit of FM ammo with no problems at all. It sometimes takes a couple of weeks to get here, but I don't mind that at all.

FM gets two thumbs up from me
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

I had pretty good luck with .45 ACP. I will tell you that shipping did did take longer than I expected.

I don't remember what the shipping times were, but the 115/FMJ ran fine in all my guns.
    A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
    ― Edward R. Murrow

I am on my second shipment of 500 rounds of the new 124 gr 9mm. I have not had a failure yet through either my PPQ or Shield. It seems to be pretty clean. My shipping has been great. I do have a friend that waited three weeks for his when he ordered during the free shipping. They simply ran out of stock and had to make more.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Used multiple calibers from them with no problems ever.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Life Member NRA
    2AF
    Maryland Shall Issue
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Buy with confidence.

I've used their remanufactured and new ammo (both FMJ and JHP) in my 9mm for a couple of years and never had an issue. I can't recall a single ammo related failure from Freedom.

Just bought 1000 rounds of their reman 124gr FMJ and put 200 through my Shield. Again, zero problems.

I've shot thousands of rounds of their ammo (9mm, .40 and .45) - both new and remanufactured. It is great stuff. Burns clean, shoots well (accurate, no failures), is priced right and is generally available (although sometimes there has been a 2-3 week wait for delivery). The quality is very good - you won't be disappointed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links