Defensive Carry banner

Freedom Munitions - Good Ammo ??

7K views 23 replies 23 participants last post by  DrJekell 
#1 ·
Freedom Munitions is have a free shipping sale this Memorial Day weekend. I have never used Freedom Munitions ammo.

They sell 9mm 115Gr FMJ New and Re-manufactured. The Re-manufactured is a little cheaper than the new.

Does anyone have experience with their ammo? Any advice or thoughts?

Thanks.

#2 ·
I have neve used them but they have been highly recommended by the people I took my CHL class from. Plus in Houston they have a store.

#3 ·
I have heard they are okay from folks who know their ammo.
I'd use it for range ammo.

#4 ·
I bought 500 rounds of 124gr 9mm from them a little while back, even with shipping it was a reasonable price. Ran just fine in the Nano, and I've ordered more since then. Not bad range ammo at all, especially since the Nano plays nicer with >115gr rounds. Runs cleaner than WWB too.

#6 ·
Shot a few hundred new 9mm through my Glock 19 and M&P Shield with no issues. Shot about 200 reman 45 ACP through my Hi Point with no issues as well. I will definitely buy from them again. Only problem I've seen is the plastic that holds the rounds, seems very brittle and are usually broken on the edges.

#8 ·
I have used them on a few occasions with no problems. Up until now. I ordered 1000 rounds of 38's from them on the 8th and have not heard a peep from them since. When I go to their web site to check on it , it just says processing and nothing else. I did have a few problems with some 223's I got from them. Some of the rounds had primers come out when shot.

#9 ·
I've shot quite a bit of FM ammo with no problems at all. It sometimes takes a couple of weeks to get here, but I don't mind that at all.

FM gets two thumbs up from me

#12 ·
I am on my second shipment of 500 rounds of the new 124 gr 9mm. I have not had a failure yet through either my PPQ or Shield. It seems to be pretty clean. My shipping has been great. I do have a friend that waited three weeks for his when he ordered during the free shipping. They simply ran out of stock and had to make more.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Used multiple calibers from them with no problems ever.

#14 ·
Buy with confidence.

I've used their remanufactured and new ammo (both FMJ and JHP) in my 9mm for a couple of years and never had an issue. I can't recall a single ammo related failure from Freedom.

Just bought 1000 rounds of their reman 124gr FMJ and put 200 through my Shield. Again, zero problems.

#15 ·
I've shot thousands of rounds of their ammo (9mm, .40 and .45) - both new and remanufactured. It is great stuff. Burns clean, shoots well (accurate, no failures), is priced right and is generally available (although sometimes there has been a 2-3 week wait for delivery). The quality is very good - you won't be disappointed.

#16 ·
...it's all I use these days. Several thousand rounds of 9mm and .380. I even started buying my .223/5.56 from them as well (but haven't shot any of it yet).

Any company that sells ammo at a fair price these days and offers discounts to Military has my business 1000%.

I recommend them to anyone I can. Prices are below Wally world with a fraction of the hassle

Stock up while the shipping is free!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 ·
Outstanding ammo, reliable and clean. I like it much better than Jack Ross ammo which is about the same price range. I used them almost exclusively for training ammo, that is right up until they got rid of the military discount and tried to spin why, claiming that they have lowered prices to give "everybody" a military/LE discount.......BS if you ask me.

AGAIN NOTE THAT THEY HAVE DISCONTINUED THE MILITARY/LE DISCOUNT.

#18 ·
AGAIN NOTE THAT THEY HAVE DISCONTINUED THE MILITARY/LE DISCOUNT.

Didn't realize that. I know last time I ordered was during a shipping sale, so the MIL discount wasn't eligible...but their checkout process still had the functionality to claim the discount. Good to know...but they still have my business as long as their prices remain fair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#20 ·
They have an actual store in Houston that I have bought from as well as ordering online. The ammo is decent. I buy the "new" stuff. Last time I was home I bought 500 rounds of the 115 9mm ammo for range use. No issues at all with it. I will continue to use it for just that, the range. When I have ordered online it took longer than I liked to be delivered. There will be quite a few orders this weekend so it will take a minute to get shipped, just be patient.

#23 ·
I have had good luck with their 9mm stuff. I had one box of 44 mag that I ran through my carbine and it used the x treme bullets. It shot all over the map at 100 yards off a bench. I normally get 6-10 inch groups with WWB and this was about 15" group. My eyes do not do open sights well anymore so part of my problems with this rifle are do to me but the Freedom was about 5" bigger than the WWB. Shot just fine in my pistol but that was at 10 yards. I have some .223 but haven't tried it yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.