Problem with .38 SPL 110 gr FP International

This is a discussion on Problem with .38 SPL 110 gr FP International within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got back from the range setting the sights on my G19 and wife's lazer on her LCR 38 +P. While I was at the ...

Just got back from the range setting the sights on my G19 and wife's lazer on her LCR 38 +P. While I was at the indoor range I was shooting the LCR with 110 grain FP Green Elite NT. Half way thru the box I aimed and it went Psst. Cylinder wouldn't turn and turning the gun sideways you could see where the bullet had barely went into the barrel.

My first thought was well factory had not put powder in the case. Rare but always possible. Got the owner and he got his rod out just for this. Usually uses it on the reloaders in case they forget a charge. Pushed the bullet back enough to work the cylinder and got the shells out. We pulled the bullet expecting to find an empty case but it had powder. You could see where a very small amount had burned but majority hadn't. Put a lighter to it and just a little more fizzed and the rest didn't burn.

I've had this ammo for about 6 month, bought new at LGS and stored in gun safe.

Has anyone else seen or heard about this and any experience with International Cartridge Corp.?

Not familiar with manufacturer but sounds like some time it had gotten wet or stored in very humid conditions. It might have been exposed to humidity before getting loaded.

I've never heard of this ammo either.

Try shooting AMERICAN like Winchester or Rem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugeroo357 View Post
    I've never heard of this ammo either.

Try shooting AMERICAN like Winchester or Rem.
    Actually it is made in America. But I think Easy8 nailed it. Last night I picked thru another box and used my bullet puller just to see. Found two more that actually looked like powder had clumped together. Not big chunks but it didn't burn when I put a match to it. Definitely has seen moisture somehow.

Links