.380 Bullet Tech breakthrough?...

This is a discussion on .380 Bullet Tech breakthrough?... within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not sure if already posted but saw this earlier on another site: Appears interesting if nothing else. Might order a box or two of this ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: .380 Bullet Tech breakthrough?...

.380 Bullet Tech breakthrough?...

Not sure if already posted but saw this earlier on another site:

Appears interesting if nothing else. Might order a box or two of this stuff to see how it feeds in my LCP. I definitely like the "outside the box" thinking that seems to have gone into the design. I suppose only time will tell if it was a good idea or not...

Very interesting!
    DingBat and gatorbait51 like this.

That is pretty interesting... I was kinda wondering about the legality of using the spoon round for defensive purposes. Seeing how that FMJ was altered and its performance makes me feel pretty good about making a box of um.

The results from that round looks impressive for sure, but it doesn't match the effect of a round that tumbles after impact, still might pick a box up, depending on the price.
    DingBat likes this.
    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Another extreme magic super ninja bullet. Wait for version 2.0

? These .380 ACP threads should finish off the post with the tag line; (Let the ragging commence!)

I don't see anything "magical" about it at all. Just a different bullet design trying to optimize the bullet design "itself" for maximum wounding results from a marginal defense round. If this had be introduced for the 9mm or .45 ACP I'm sure there would be a different story and response by some; although due to the terminal velocity and wounding capabilities for those two rounds, the need for such a round would be kinda moot.
    DingBat likes this.
    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    From the Lehigh web site (direct sales to the public), one box of .380 with shipping to MD, works out to $1.58 per round compared to my last order of Precision One XTP at $0.67 per round. That makes these rounds pretty expensive to shoot to determine if they reliably feed. I like to shoot at least 50 rounds without any failures prior to carrying. But I may have to get a couple of boxes (20 rounds per box) and give them a try.

The Lehigh web site is here: https://www.lehighdefense.com/index....eme-penetrator
    StormRhydr and DingBat like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Endowment Life Member NRA
    2AF - CCRKBA
    Maryland Shall Issue
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    ? If this had be introduced for the 9mm or .45 ACP I'm sure there would be a different story and response by some; although due to the terminal velocity and wounding capabilities for those two rounds, the need for such a round would be kinda moot.
    Actually, this bullet is available for most calibers at their web site.
    DingBat likes this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Endowment Life Member NRA
    2AF - CCRKBA
    Maryland Shall Issue
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Eh.

The cracks in the gel don't necessarily correlate to damage in living tissue--it's a lot more flexible and will stretch in stead of crack.

It might be a slight improvement over a FN-FMJ, but I'm not convinced it would justify the cost.
    Bad Bob and DingBat like this.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Interesting indeed. Thanks for the post.
    DingBat likes this.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Senior Member Array cjohnson44546's Avatar
    kind of a cool idea to take advantage of the spinning of the round more.... but I think I'll stick with my Speer Gold Dots in my 380.
    WannabeaCPA and DingBat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson44546 View Post
    kind of a cool idea to take advantage of the spinning of the round more.... but I think I'll stick with my Speer Gold Dots in my 380.
    The Lehigh bullet spins no more faster than any other bullet out of the same gun--the rotation is determined by the rifling twist in the barrel.
    Bad Bob and DingBat like this.

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

I am waiting for a magic bullet for my Colt 1908 Vest Pocket .25.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

I would think that a hollow points hole is cutting a larger open hole and will cause more bleeding.
    DingBat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sabbath View Post
    I would think that a hollow points hole is cutting more open hole and will cause more bleeding.
    Except .380 hollow points tend to have underpenetration issues...when they expand.
    Smitty901 and DingBat like this.

Senior Member Array cjohnson44546's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
    The Lehigh bullet spins no more faster than any other bullet out of the same gun--the rotation is determined by the rifling twist in the barrel.
    not sure what that has to do with anything... I never said they spin faster or differently. The shape of the bullet is taking advantage of the spinning when its hitting things.... large flat areas spinning and hitting doing extra damage, and slowing down the round, instead of trying to go smoothly through.
    DingBat and CanuckQue like this.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links